Chapter 2: Consolidation

‼️Disclaimer ‼️
Recommended audience of 18 and above

Jisoo collapsed onto the practice room floor, utterly drained and starving. The sound of her rumbling stomach echoed through the room, compelling her to propose grabbing a bite to eat.

Joining Jisoo on the floor, Rosé chimed in with a heartfelt agreement. "I'm hungry too, let's go satisfy our hunger with a delicious meal," she suggested, her exhaustion mirroring Jisoo's.

"Alright, ladies, that's a wrap for today. Don't forget, we need you all bright and early tomorrow for the music video fittings. We expect everyone to be here punctually at 9 a.m.," Manager Ahn gently reinforced, ensuring the message was crystal clear.

"Rest assured, Manager Ahn, we'll be there on time," Lisa confidently assured him, her words carrying a sense of determination and responsibility.

"Come on, guys! The cafeteria awaits! My stomach is growling in protest," Rosé implored, her hunger reaching its peak and an insatiable longing for a delicious meal.

Jisoo and her group found a cozy spot in the cafeteria's dining section, relishing their delicious meal while indulging in nostalgia-filled conversations about hilarious moments during their practice sessions. Laughter filled the air as they teased Rosé about her ongoing battle with a challenging dance move, and playfully mocked Jisoo's clumsiness when it came to accidentally tripping over Lisa. Witnessing Jisoo genuinely enjoying herself, laughing without a care in the world, brought a fresh sense of joy to the group, leaving Jennie pondering if there had been any progress in Jisoo's relationship with Taehyung. Contemplating whether or not to reach out to him, Jennie was lost in her own thoughts, only to snap back to reality when she realized that everyone's attention was fixated on her.

"What's the matter? Are you alright?" Jisoo asked, her voice laced with genuine concern.

"Don't worry, ladies, everything's A-okay," Jennie confidently assured, her smile radiating reassurance.

"Hey, it's time for me to call it a day. Do you want to go home, Jisoo?" Lisa asked.

"Absolutely, we should get going. I'm completely exhausted and we have to be at the office bright and early tomorrow," Jisoo replied. It had become a routine for Jisoo and Lisa to walk each other home since they lived in the same apartment complex. Jisoo had a cozy apartment on the fifth floor, while Lisa's apartment was on the seventh floor.

"Goodbye, Manager Moon. We'll see you tomorrow. Take care and get some rest," Jisoo said goodbye to Lisa's manager who had safely escorted them back home.

"Thank you, both of you. I'll be here tomorrow morning at 7:20. Have a good rest and goodbye," Manager Moon replied. The girls hurriedly entered the building and took the elevator.

"Finally home... Good night, Lisa. Sleep well," Jisoo said as she stepped out of the elevator.

"Take care and have a good night, Unnie," Lisa replied. Jisoo quickly approached her apartment door and quickly inserted the code. To her astonishment, the door swung open unexpectedly, revealing the familiar figure of Taehyung.

"Hey there, my love. Long time no see," Taehyung's voice echoed, leaving Jisoo taken aback. The individual who had deliberately distanced himself from her for the past three weeks suddenly showed up before her, with an air of nonchalance, as if the past was but a fleeting memory.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?" Jisoo asked with a surprised voice.

"Can't I just come to my girlfriend's house and surprise her with my presence?" Taehyung replied with a hopeful smile on his lips. Jisoo stared at him, her eyes reflecting a mixture of frustration and confusion before she finally gave in and allowed him to enter her home without saying a word.