01 |

June 17, 2004

"Mom, Dad?"

"Mom where are you! Dad!!"

"Mommy, I'm scared,"

Being traumatized by something you know may not be there for you anymore feels like the world has come to the end.

Jaeni lost her parents at the age of 4. Everything she had from her parents is all gone, she was too young to feel this tragic incident. Both parents were lying on the floor in front of Jaeni filled with dark blood covering its body. "I'm dreaming" Jaeni insist on repeating wishing it was a dream.

"Don't be scared, it happens." A lady with long black dress digressed.

The lady took out her hand waiting for Jaeni to take hers.

"You can come with me little darling," The lady declared.

The lady bends towards Jaeni.

Jaeni raised her head facing the lady with teary eyes, "What did you do to my parents?"

"I didn't do anything, your parents did," The lady respond.

"If you want to know what they did, follow me." The women advised Jaeni,

_____________________________

"Open the door, get your lunch and prepare for the next activity,"

Jaeni faces a huge iron door within 6 foot feeling like it was at prison. She gets up and approaches opening the door taking her lunch from the cafeteria with her dormmate.

She felt like vomiting only by looking at the lunch for this week, Jaeni had no choice but to take what was there as moreover she tried to find an empty table.

The guards kept adding more people inside the tragic haunted dorm make it more not having any places to be sited.

"Namra there," Jaeni called one of her dormmate,

"Save it just for us, don't let other dorms interrupt us." Jaeni told strictly to Namra.

Jaeni had no appetite to eat seeing others with bruises on their face, She felt like they needed to be help however if she did try to, her own self wouldn't be able to escape the place where she is currently at.

"Jaeni, eat." Namra observe seeing Jaeni staring at her food for a whole 5 minutes.

"Namra..." Jaeni sudden spoke,

"What if..."

Namra stopped eating her food, she place her spoon on the table strictly looking at Jaeni.

"What if we joined the game" Jaeni nervously ask Namra

Namra felt shocked then aghast towards Jaeni's words coming out.

"Jae you do know there's a high chance we wont survive, I'm not going to join or will ever. I don't want you to risk your life on the most dangerous game we have here. You get 1 chance, you lose you die." Namra shouted in whisper, having drips of tears running through her face.

"I know, it's just a what if question," Jaeni responds

Jaeni faces towards Namra, seeing her a bit down. Jaeni passes her fish cake to Namra since she loves fish cakes.

Namra then faces back and gave a soft smile as a respond of appreciativeness.

A sudden bang from the door as before it was opened, a group of guards came in holding a hidden blade.

"Later we will have an announcement at 3.00pm." hearing the noise from the guard with such of a robotic voice.

Jaeni and Namra starled as they were facing each other,

"Tidy up, I don't want to see any food on the floor nor on the table"

"Any dripped of food or drinks, everyone will get their punishment." The guard inform the others.

Jaeni and Namra immediately cleaned up all the spilling food and drinks on the table out of anxious.

They then walked towards their dormitory getting prepare for the announcement that will be announce by the guards,

"Have you seen my vest?" Namra asked her dormmates including Jaeni,

"No, Don't say my name once you've get scolded" Haneul gawped

"It's your responsibility take care of it yourself, don't make others help you" Haneul once again took out what she have been keeping for a while.

Namra heard the nagging of Haneul, "I didn't even asked anyone to help me find it, you're just having an urge towards me."

Haneul rolled her eyes, passing for their new announcement following the others from the dorm. Made it to leave with Namra and Jaeni.

"Here you can wear my vest," Jaeni handed her vest.

"No it's alright ill just wear it without my vest," Namra responds.

"You'll get in trouble," Jaeni saying to make Namra stop.

Jaeni then pulled Namra's hand to the sleeves of the vest.

"Neat," Jaeni chuckled.

"My vest isn't even neat, it has stains all over it." Namra state.

Jaeni patted Namra's back then pushed her towards the door making her run for the announcement thats going to be said. Leaving it on Jaeni had to wear her brown button t-shirt with no vest, as she was getting ready to be scolded by the guards.

Jaeni stepped out walking to the auditorium for the announcement making others staring at her being the only one who didn't wore a vest. Reaching to her destination, all guards glared to Jaeni with a straight face making her nervous. Seeing on what she wore, Jaeni then approach towards Namra lining up behind her as a group 46.

Haneul saw Jaeni passing by giving her a gaped face.

"Jae i think we should switch now, you need to wear the vest it's your eventually," Namra insist telling Jaeni to switch.

Jaeni then shook her head.

All of a sudden a bell ringed making everyone fearful.

"Straight line," Guard 92 instructed the others who were lining up. One of the guard pointed towards Jaeni making everyone all facing Jaeni.

"Vest," Guard 92 said,
"Where's your vest" The guard sounded again.

Guard 92 than pulled Jaeni giving her the attentions of people surrounding her,

"It got ripped, so i thew it" Jaeni cared to respond.
The guard shook his head, grabbing her arms changing her points of her marks
On her wrist that has a controllable watch.

"PARK JAENI 1 COIN LOOSES"
Hearing from the announcement coming from the big dark room starts making everyone conscious.

"Never take advantage on what you have now." The guard sounded.