Prologue

Lumaki ako sa mga kwento-kwento tungkol sa kung ano-anong nagtatago sa dilim. Our elders always told us stories about what's lurking behind those bushes, trees or in the forest every night. A few of them came from our ancestors passed by generations and some even claimed that it was from their own life experience.

But as we grew old, we came to understand that not every story are true. Some of them are just their way to make sure we're all be inside our house by the time the dark fell or for us to have a seconds thoughts before wondering at night.

But in my case, stories or no stories.
I'm always afraid of the dark for an unknown reason..

I remembered I always cower behind those blankets once the oil lamp run out and the hairs of my body always stands when the glow of the moon peaks through from the gap on my windows.

There's something in dark for me.. specially when the moon is on its fullness..

And I find it ironic because my name is Selena.

But look at me now,

walking under the light of the bluemoon that radiates the quiet street and my only companion is the hush of the cold wind and the misty fog that blur my soroundings.

Unafraid.

Siguro dahil kung ubos na ubos kana ay wala ka ng maramdaman kahit ano kundi ang tapusin lahat para makahinga ka na..

"Hey." I called the person sitting on the ground under the beautiful huge tree enough for him to hear and look up.

He stared at me for a few more seconds before standing fast and come to me,"Selena! you're here! I-i thought I'm still dreaming," he said cupping my face.

Agad akong humakbang paatras kaya naiwan sa ere ang dalawa nitong kamay at napansin ko rin ang pagkagulat sa mukha nito. I hug myself when the strong wind blew passed us. I look up to see how huge the blue moon tonight. yes it was blue, in our City it was just a common occurence. Napatingin din ako sa paligid at parang pinupunit ang dibdib ko sa sakit ng maalala ang mga pinagsamahan namin sa lugar na ito.

It was our favorite park.

"Adi told me that you're always here every night and. . . this needs to stop," sabi ko ng hindi parin tumitingin ng diretso sa kanya.

"Sel, I-i really don't know what happened to me! I'm a f*cking idiot! and there was never a day that I didn't regret it, please forgive me. . .I love--"

"I'm mad at you Jav," I said cutting him off.

"I know you are and you have all the right to babe, what I did was--"

"Unforgivable?" I slightly smile cutting him off again. "Because that's what I felt right now. That I can't forgive you," dugtong ko ng diretsong nakatingin sa kulay kayumanggi nitong mga mata na minsan ng nagpapabilis ng tibok ng puso ko.

"No! Sel please. . . I can't lose you! Y-you're my everything. Y-you're the only one that's keeping me insane!" his voice crack and kneel in front of her.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa biglaang ginawa nito. The Javi Jacques I knew would never ever gave up a fight and not the one who would kneel in front of someone.

"Jav get up!" sabi ko ng hindi pa rin makapaniwala sa ginawa nito. I lift him up from the ground but he won't budge.

"Sel. . . I can't lose you please.." he beg still kneeling.

"Javi! what you are doing right now is a complete manipulation!" I cant help but shout in agitation.

I'm starting to waver and this is not good. Alam kong kapag tumagal pa ito ay hindi ko na matutupad ang ilang linggong pagpapatibay ko sa sarili para lang sa desisyong to.