We'll Meet Again

You were a well-known producer when you two met. Emma had introduced you to Alan and Rima Rickman at an after-party for one of her movies. They were a lovely couple and you enjoyed their company for the rest of the party.

You were hired for a new film that starred Mr.Rickman. You worked very well together and loved to talk about Shakespear’s many sonnets. After the long days, you would often be onset with a glass of wine, reciting sonnets to each other. You would then, of course, go your separate ways. You had become great friends throughout the years. You attended dinners with the couple and Emma or they would join you on an occasional night out.

However, things changed when Rima told Alan she didn’t want children. It was possibly one of the hardest moments in his life. He loved Rima with all of his heart but he always wanted children, he wanted to be a father. During this time you were working on another movie together, you saw as he paced back and forth. You listened as he raved and ranted, wanting to be there for him. However, in the end, he left Rima. They had argued and fought to the point of no return.

A year passed, Rima had lost all contact with you and Emma. Alan was beside himself, always second-guessing his decision. You were producing a movie together, working day and night.

One night he was over at your condominium, going over the script and eating dinner. Alan thanked you for always being there for him and walking him through this difficult process. You appreciated his words and shared a sonnet pertaining to his situation. He watched your lips as you recited Shakespeare’s words and fell. He fell head over heels for you at that moment, how could he not have noticed you?

Months then passed, you and Alan were dating! He had made sure you wanted children, he saw a real future with you.

You and Alan had accomplished exactly that, you shared three children and a hound dog named Brandy. You lived in the city and the countryside when you felt like it. You had three children, Jackie, who is twelve, Christopher, who is ten, and Alice who is four. Alice was a surprise. Your days of producing movies were long gone. You had the children and you were done with the industry, that’s what you wanted and planned. Alan continued with his work, life was good. You were both happy and cared for each other immensely.

Alan was away on a press tour in the United States, It was for another Harry Potter movie. He had been gone for about a month so far. You both talked on the phone from time to time but you always wrote letters to one another. You agreed that it was more romantic, more meaningful. So your letters began.

Dear Alan,

I miss you so much. The children don’t stop asking about you. The dog won’t leave your chair in the living room. I cried last night for the first time in a long time. I miss our late nights in the kitchen dancing with the moon shining down on us. I hope the U.S is treating you well, I’m sure it is. Give Emma my best regards. I have been feeling quite ill lately, don’t worry I will visit the doctor soon enough. I love you darling. I can’t wait to have you in my arms again.
    Love,
Yours truly XOXO

Dear Y/n,

To say I miss you would be an utter lie. Tell the children I love them and that I will be home soon! Please get Brandy out of my chair, you know how much fur she leaves behind. We will be dancing very soon, my love. Ah, the U.S is treating me fine, the east coast is fairly lovely. It reminds me of home, but nothing beats London and no place is home without you. Please call as soon as you find out what is ailing you, I hope it is nothing serious. You are my beautiful star, we will have a night of our own the moment I return.
    Love,
        Al

Dear Alan,

    I don’t think I can physically speak the words. I’ve picked up the phone a hundred times but my fingers don’t move. It turns out I am worse off than I suspected. I thought I was possibly pregnant but I was sadly wrong, all I can say is that it is serious. Please don’t change your plans for me, I’ll be fine for now. Come home when you are done with the press tour. The children are thriving in school. Jackie made straight A’s this quarter! Christopher has a mixed report card as always, his mathematics needs to improve. Alice is doing fabulous, she is excelling with her progress on the ABC’s.
    I love you sweatheart,
        Y/n