Taking Care of You

Charlotte gets sick when Yami was out for a week for his mission.

Sol and her other girls had taken her to Owen who said it's just a nasty cold but to watch out for the fever. She's had colds before, but this has to be the worst one yet.

Her voice sounds rusty from coughing so much. She's got a fever and a constant headache.

She is almost unable to take care of herself and had to call in sick at work. Sol is worried. At first it was sweet, but it's starting to drive her insane. He's been coming over as soon as he got off work for the last two days.

Today Vanessa is there too, insisting on taking care of her sick best friend. "Because that is what girlfriends do for each other," she had said. She was being too sweet for Charlotte to say no but now, it's getting out of hand.

"It's just a cold, you guys," she hisses from under the comforter on her bed. "I'll be fine. Besides, I don't wanna infect you."

They've been fussing over her all day. Made her soup and puffed her pillow every five minutes.

She didn't sleep at all last night. She's sick and sad and exhausted.

"Okay, but are you sure you don't want us to call Mr. Yami? I have a communication device here." Sol asks.

Vanessa appears in the door. "Yes, Charlotte, you know he would be here in a heartbeat."

"No, don't call him. I don't want him to worry," she replies though he's all she wants right now.

"Alright, Char. Get some rest," Sol says, then closes the door to her bedroom.

As they're making their way in the hallway from the Captain's room, Vanessa grabs the communication device to Sol. "That's it, I'm calling Captain Yami right now," she says, already connecting her Mana to the communication device to call Yami.

"What? No, Vanessa you can't do that. She just told us not to."

"Did you not see her? The woman is miserable, and Yami is so good to her," Vanessa says with a look of awe and sympathy on her face. "She won't admit it, but he and some healing spell and rest is all she needs right now."

Sol sighs but then admits, "yeah, you're right."

Vanessa finally connected to Yami and tell about the situation.

———

"She's what?" Yami replies, sounding angry and worried.

"Sick," Ella repeats nervously.

Getting more and more angry and distressed by the minute he snaps, "Well why didn't you call me sooner?"

"Are you kidding me? You don't think I tried? You know how stubborn your girlfriend can be. She didn't want you to worry," she snaps back.

"Oh, right. I'm sorry, it's just...," he trails off. "The Charlotte has never really been sick in the time we've been together. I guess I'm just concerned and worried"

"It's okay," Vanessa sighs. "Just come home, please. She needs you. Now"

"On my way, Miss Hat" he says and hangs up before she can say another word.

———

Same day at 10.00 p.m. he's standing outside Blue Rose Base suddenly nervous to go inside.

He's never taken care of a sick person before. What is he supposed to do? He knows Charlotte would tell him if he asked but she's not feeling well. So now is not the time. He decides he's gonna figure this out himself.