*the begining / proluge*

two young gerbils , only born 6 weeks ago , was running around in a large glass cage , with two older gerbils watching , the older female gerbil was complety black expect for a lighter golden stripe on her back , and the older male was all white with jet black eyes , the older female had light red eyes and was named firefly , and the older male was named cloud , they named there  son , who the runt and  was a black gerbil with jet black eyes , they named him shadow for his sleek black fur , and there son who was bigger than shadow , was white with a light golden stripe on his back , named him gleam for him being so light colored and fluffyer.

Firefly smiled lightly watching and then suddenly frowned and her eyes filled with despair , “what’s wrong firefly?” asked cloud worried , firefly sighed , “its just that… when they get 8 weeks old they’ll go to a different cage , or they’ll be adopted , and we can never see them again…” firefly looked down sadly “i dont want them to go…” she whimpered and tears edged at her eyes.

Cloud looked up at the light bulb ontop of there cage , he looked back down “ they have to grow up soon and there gonna want to leave , travel with a Hugepaw , see a new home , new animals maybe… but its alright , we left are parent and they have thought the same , everything is alright , lets just hope the hugepaw that adopts knows what there doing... “ firefly looked at cloud toughtfully and nuzzled him “k..” she said relived that there son’s will be fine in the future , gleam ran up to them “ mom shadow hurt himself on the wheel!” , firefly ran up to the wheel to exiam shadow who was whimpering with tears running down his little cheeks.

shadow looked up at his mom “ i w-was just running on the wheel and i tripped and fell..”  firefly looked at one of his legs and it was only a faint scrape , firefly picked him up and carryed him to what the hugepaw’s called a “blakent” it was soft and warm so she dropped shadow in there , “everything is alright shadow , its just a scrape , you can lay here a little while then play or just lay here” firefly said with all the calm in her voice , gleam groaned “he’s always getting hurt or something , he doesnt play much!” firefly looked at her sound slightly annoyed , “he’s smaller than you! you should be more respectful to him!” gleam backed up slightly angry , firefly shook her head and licked/kissed gleam’s head “ im sorry you just have to learn respect your brother..”

gleam digged his way to the wheel and started running on it despite that shadow got hurt on it…his life was great for now , and so was shadow , no matter how boring or annoying his brother was , he would always be with him no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                  2    WEEKS LATER…………..

Hugepaws passed by there cages and a bunch a hugecubs would always stop by and point and squeak with there high pitched voiced , it was always annoying to listen to there squeaky voice , and the Hugepaws that where in the middle and had voices like the older hugepaw’s but slighty more high pitched , would always stop and look and have a little chat and then leave , we started calling them Midpaws.

A hugepaw with a blue coat came up to there cage , firefly looked away sad and cloud went up to shadow and gleam and explained what was about to happened and firefly licked/kissed both of there heads and said goodbye sadly , and cloud did the same , shadow and gleam looked at eachother sadly and then said goodbye sadly , firefly had tears running down her face and put her head in cloud’s shoulder looking away sadly , and cloud had a sad look in his eyes comforting firefly , the hugepaw picked up shadow and gleam , holding them tightly and dropping them in a far away glass cage.

gleam dropped down to the ground and looked around , soon shadow landed on top of him , and the hugepaw left , “get off me shadow!” said gleam angrily , shadow crawled off of him slightly scared and and stayed close to his brother , they both looked around with wide eyes and fear filled them , they realized they’re alone now , never having the warmth or proctection of there parents ever again , “hello?!” shadow called out , wondering if the hugepaw put them with any other gerbils as freinds , there was no answer but the silence of the cage , altough there was a strange smell mixed in with gerbil snect , it was leading to a small hut like den , “stay here , im going to check out what it is” said gleam slightly scared “be careful..” said shadow worried.

Gleam went inside to only find a female gerbil only 2 weeks younger than them , she had sleek fur the shined like sliver , she was gray after all , gleam found her kinda.. cute , well he thought she was sleeping , well THOUGHT , she smelled strange , gleam tapped her , “hey wake up!” he yelled , no movement , that was strange until he had just realized her chest wasnt moving up an down in a breathing motion , he rubbed her fur only to find out she was cold as stone… she wasnt sleeping , she was dead.

Gleam backed out in fear , eyes wide , this wasnt normal , if the gerbil was dead , wouldnt they take it out and clean the cage , he also realized the cage smelled funny just like the female gerbil , this cage was infected , a deadly disease was infecting this cage , and if they didnt get out soon , they were going to have the same fate that poor sliver gerbil had met.

“shadow!” gleam called out only for him to be looking at a female hugepaw , her hair was tied up in a band , she was beside a hugepaw wearing the same blue coat , she pointed at them and said something , she carryed a box that contained the same ground that they were standing on , and another box with food , she told the blue hugepaw something and the blue hugepaw rushed off and came back with a pink cage with this weird tube going to another room , and a wheel attached to it.

The blue hugepaw picked up shadow and put him into a small blue cage that they put gerbil’s in when they were adopted by a hugepaw , gleam silenty prayed that he could be with his brother , and then the blue hugepaw put him with shadow. gleam sighed and looked at shadow , and lightly smiled , “you know...we were taken from our parents , and went into a infected cage with a dead female gerbil but… one thing is were togheter , and whatever happens next , we’ll go thorugh togheter..” and soon they heard some beeps and hugepaws talking , and soon the hugepaw that adopted them pushed open this clear block thing and walked out , and the amazing thing was… they saw the real world and felt light REAL light.

(shadow is mac and gleam is cheese , you'll see later on! and im kinda glad my teacher made me do this cause if not i would have never thought of it! and sorry i havent been on and havent updated , its just that i still dont have my computer set up , wattpad app is really glicthy so i cant write anything , and didnt have internet , im using a computer at school so yea.. but i hope you can wait a little longer , and i'll see you later explorers/followers/whateveryouwantmetocallyou)