My thoughts

September 28, 2020 was the first filming that took place at the night market. The scene is the arcade duel between GSD and ZSY.

Sam is an honest guy that IF he ever have to do anything he is forced to, it'll be easy to tell by watching his behavior, face and listening to what he says. Yu have been consistent with his behavior and I'll discuss it more later.

Sam want to make this series successful, and that entailed immersing himself in his character, but then that would be fruitless if YU isn't on that same level. YU is a new actor that luckily, has a good mindset, and welcomed Sam's help and Director Jiang's guidance. He followed Sam, and immersed himself fully into the character. Sam and YU both admitted they lived the character they were playing to help portray their role. Before filming, they attended an Actor's Training to help them get comfortable with each other. Richard Li and Evan CP attended this training also.  Everything was wonderful during filming as they got closer. Staff and other actors didn't think any different because part of immersing oneself to the role is living like the character, and that Sam and YU did. They were so comfortable with each other that their relationship during the show announcement on October 5, 2020 was their normal interactions. Their bond was obvious during this day; their very first CP casts promotion. According to production interview, filming ended on November 5, 2020 although there were follow up work after that such as dubbing, promotional filming, etc. They returned to promote Dec. 21, 2020 for No. 1 for You Special Screening. Although he was not hyped up and flirtatious during this event, Sam was honest about his feelings regarding the filming of the series. When prompted by host to hug after speaking, Sam gave YU a light friendly hug. YU stood there controlling his natural reactions around Sam. After the event, they lined up to give attendees packed food. Sam positioned himself far from YU leaving YU at the end of the line next to Tian. No interactions from them during this time. There is no video or recording available in IG or YT for this day that shows the entire full event aside from a fan cam from TeddyBernard626 who posted in YouTube. I appreciate a fan like him who takes time and effort capturing moments like this, and  having a big heart to share with us.

Sam attended the promotion with a different mentality that he is done filming, he is not his character anymore (as he thought). He controlled any natural reactions, and actions with YU that became second nature to him & YU during filming. Sam even admitted that he didn't keep in touch with anyone after filming ended during the radio recording with YU on January 18, 2021.

January 7, 2021 promotion showed Sam cringing when he had to do confession. Richard showed support towards YU when Sam moved away after a chaotic & half hearted confession. Sam was laughing but straightened his face when he saw YU's arm around Richard's waist and Richard hugging YU. YU moved away as soon as Sam made a straight face. When Sam tried to confess again and asked how he will end it, Richard snapped back telling him to think of it for himself.  Their pocky stick regimen that they'll be known for having the smallest size all the time, happened during this event. They did it as expected but comparing it to their later date pocky stick act, this one can be called entirely work and no fun. YU was good in doing what he needed to do.  When it was his turn to confess, he told Sam without hesitation "I like you" which made Sam embarrassed. Maybe because he is the seasoned actor, and this new actor is able to do what was expected of him. Another thought would be, that it was easy for YU to confess because it is the truth and he can't go wrong with the truth.

YU was bold enough to give Sam a little attitude during photo shoot at this event. YU caught Sam staring at his lips while posing for pictures and asked Sam "what are you looking at?" causing Sam to look away & stopped smiling for a few seconds.

On January 15, 2021, SamYU did their first live stream wherein Sam called YU bro or brother and discussed YU's thought on being called "Laopo". It was during this live streaming too that Sam probed YU on his behavior of not expressing his thoughts. Sam made a comment that it makes it hard to be closed to him when he is like that. The overall vibe in my point of view is that two friends having a conversation wherein Sam as the dominant one directing the chat. When YU complimented him as being handsome, Sam responded by saying that it's a disgusting thought. Why use such harsh statement for a compliment? YU seemed to look tired but was his usual self during the live. This live can be sensed as "work" for both of them. Sam ended the live teasing YU calling him Laopo.