DESTINY?BUT WHO DECIDES?

It's nearing, the day. The day I and everyone around me waited for since my birth. I am turning 20 in ten days from which on I will become an official adult who will succeed the presidential throne from his majesty. I am Aditya Vasudev Varma, the current crown prince of Varmadesam.

Varmadesam is not one of the countries anyone can expect it to be. It is the country which is believed to be directly blessed and foreseen by Gods and angels and highly protected with values and traditions. It is believed that it was our ancestors who helped Gods and Angels in building up the Earth and hence the Gods built them this country and gave them powers to communicate directly with Gods and Angels and powers to save the people of the earth and themselves. As the it said the coin has two sides everything and everyone in this world has both good and bad the secret of harmony and peace lies in keeping the right balance between them. So the Gods created us as the balance link between mortal humans and immortal angels to keep the world as the place of harmony. (You will learn more about me and my country in this journey of yours with me...)

" My salutations to Crown Prince Aditya Varma, his majesty the King wants you in his court now", the royal court's guard. "Tell him I am coming".

His majesty The king of Varmadesam is my father's younger brother. He succeeded my father's throne when after my mother died. In our country it is highly believed that the king will be the king only till he have his queen. So after my mother died due to the unknown reason the throne was taken away from my father by his brother. Even though he is the presiding king of Varmadesam it's me who will take over his position and not his sons since I am ascended the royal crown prince.

I lost my mother at the age of 10 and haven't seen my father right after he gave up his crown and throne to his brother. They said that he left to live in the forest in seclusion. I gave up my interest to see him after numerous rejections I had.

Walking through these corridors in the way to royal court I remembered the times my mother used to chase me to stop me from going to see my father since the royal court is highly respected place and people can't enter in without my father's that is his majesty's order.My mother was the most beautiful woman in the whole country, people often got awestruck by her beauty and they called her as goddess. But my mother was not only beautiful on outside she is the woman with golden heart who cared for everyone around her. The country lost her too soon and never cared after she is forgotten without trace from this place and country people's minds but by heart still carries her soul in it, the void in my heart after she left will never get filled forever. I have reached the court's door.

I have no fear now seeing the door that I once had in my childhood. Walking past the door I could see ministers and secretaries gathered around the court and his majesty sitting on his throne. I know why this gathering is for. It's for me.

"Salutations to his Majesty! Salutations to the royal court members!" I didn't see first but now I noticed Queen and Royal mother( my grand mother) beside the King.

" Salutations to the royal mother and the queen! "

"Long live my child it's wonderful to see you it seems as if you were in my arms yesterday" said my grandmother.

"Crown Prince, you know why we called you today to this royal court right? " asked the king. "Yes his majesty I was waiting for this day and honored to be present here." It's true I was eagerly waiting for this day since my father lost his throne. "Since you know already shall we get started. My queen address the crown prince about customs to be follow on his upcoming age comming day",the king turned it to the queen. "My beloved crown prince I know that you were already aware of our customs amd traditions but its my duty to knowledge you again" said the queen.

The queen had never treated me indifferent from her sons she treated us equally. During my childhood day after my mom died I often gets nightmares during those times I went to sleep with her and many times she came to me and held me in her arms to make me sleep. I haven't thought her in my mother's place but her presence was indeed important to me.
"Yes! her majesty,  I will be pleased to hear about that from you", I replied to her.

" As you know after coming of age the crown prince is bound to take the position in the great throne of Varmadesam from the presiding King. So after ten days that is after your 20th birthday you have to be immediately crowned as the king. But you know that right in our tradition the king is no longer a king without his queen right? " the queen asked me and I exactly know where this topic is turning into.

The tradition of our country is that the crown prince can only be crowned as king after he find his queen to be, which is again a twisted job beacuse it is believed that our fate chooses the counter part of us both men and women of our country gets to meet their fated ones right at the age of 16 which we call power acquiring age since we aquire our powers after we turn 16.( I'll tell more about the power and what power I have as the story unfolds) . People they they hear the other person's inner voice and through that they meet each other and they marry after becoming 20 years old. But my problem is that even though I got my powers right at the age of 16, I haven't heard any voices. I have no interest in marriage or meeting the one but to become a King I need a Queen. And strangely everyone around my age including the princes younger than me have already met their destined mate.

" Her majesty,  I believe the right time will help me meeting the right one and I believe it'll happen soon. ", I answered her with the same answer I have been telling her for four years because I don't know what else to say.

They say that meeting the right one for you is magical and when it happens your destiny unfolds. Destiny,  but who gets to decide my destiny and who will decide for me?