Chapter 7: Flourishing Love

Jisoo accompanied Lisa to a quaint cafe conveniently located near their building complex, eager to indulge in a scrumptious feast

Jisoo accompanied Lisa to a quaint cafe conveniently located near their building complex, eager to indulge in a scrumptious feast. As they perused the tempting menu, Jisoo's attention was abruptly diverted by a notification ringing on her phone. Quickly grabbing her device, she discovered a freshly arrived text message from none other than Haein.

💬
{Hey Jisoo, it's such a beautiful afternoon!
I hope you're doing great. I was wondering if you have any plans for tonight, and if not, how would you like me to treat you to a delicious meal at my brother's restaurant? It would be my pleasure. Take your time and let me know your response. }

Jisoo's face lit up with a constant smile as she looked down at her phone. She had been in contact with Haein for the past three months, and he had been nothing short of wonderful. Every day he sent her thoughtful messages, inquiring about her day or simply checking in on her well-being. Their bond had blossomed into a beautiful friendship, but beneath the surface, Jisoo sensed Haein's desire for something more.

On numerous occasions, Haein had expressed his longing for a serious relationship and his desire to build a future with someone special. His words lingered in Jisoo's mind and sent a wave of fear through her. The thought of settling down and starting a family was daunting as she realized she wasn't quite ready for such a commitment. Although she cherished the idea of a serious relationship, her current plans did not include the idea of settling down.

Determined to keep their relationship grounded in friendship, Jisoo sought to get to know Haein on a deeper level. She longed to understand his dreams, his passions, and the intricate layers that defined him as a person. However, amidst the blossoming affinity with Haein, Jisoo couldn't help but carry a lingering sentiment for her ex-boyfriend.

Her heart still held remnants of love for the person she had once shared a deep connection with. It was a part of her that she couldn't completely put aside, even in the midst of this new friendship.

Lisa asked, "Jisoo, what's on your mind right now?"

Jisoo quickly responded, her expression lacking conviction, "Oh, I'm just contemplating my choices from the menu."

"Unnie, I know you too well. You're lying to me. Share with me what's bothering you. Remember, I'll never disclose your personal matters to anyone!" Lisa assured.

"Ehhmmm... it's just... it's just that Haein just messaged me," Jisoo nervously confessed.

"Oh my... seriously? So, what's troubling you?" Lisa asked.

"I...I...I'm concerned that I might be rushing things with him," Jisoo mumbled.

"How long have you two been talking?" Lisa asked with excitement.

"To be exact, it's been three months," Jisoo mumbled.

"Unnie, you must be kidding me. Three months is ample time to get to know someone. Something else is truly bothering you. Please, tell me," Lisa pleaded desperately.