1

*2 years later*

"Mommy, Mariah won't let me in her room to talk to daddy" Anaya said as she crossed her arms with a frown well stomping into the kitchen

Kamari turned around noticing the tears forming in her eyes. She smirked wanting to chuckle but she knew how sensitive Anaya got when it came to her father. Mariah and Jace came running down the stairs.

"Jace give me my iPad" Mariah yelled as she pushed Jace

He chuckled pushing her back and they begun to play fight.

"You two stop because when one of you gets hurt I don't want to hear no crying, Jace give her iPad to her now and all of you guys sit down and eat" Kamari said as she put the syrup and ketchup on the table

"Mommy when is daddy coming back home" Mariah asked as she looked at Kamari who was eating the couch watching TV

Kamari didn't know how to answer her kids questions when it came to her and there father. What she wanted to say was that there dad was a lying dirty cheating scum bag that she wish she had never came across but instead she told them her and there father were on a break.

Anaya who was 2 and Jace who was 5 were still to young to understand what exactly was going on with their mother and father but Mariah who was 8 believed she had a understanding. She knew the real reason her dad wasn't home was because him and mommy were not together. She just hated the thought of seeing either of her parents with different people other then each other.

"I have a friend I want you guys to meet, he's coming over soon and I want all of you on your best behaviour" Kamari said as she looked at her children

They all had strong attitudes just like me but had the anger of their father which is what she couldn't stand about her children. They were very territorial over her and hated when she spoke or even attempted to bring another man in their life other then their father.

"He?" Jace asked as he looked at his mother confused

Kamari rolled her eyes. Jace reminded her of Amir and that's what she feared the most she would never let Jace treat or think it's okay to treat a girl the way his dad treated her.

"Or I will just bring you guys to your fathers" Kamari said as she looked at the three of them

"Mommy I wanna go to daddy's!" Anaya said as she grew excited

"Okay baby I'm gonna ask him if he's home" Kamari said as she texted Amir

Kamari's phone soon begun ringing and it read 'kidsfather'

"Hello?" She said as she put the phone to her ear

"I'm near the house ima just stop by and grab them are they ready? And why you want me to take them on Thursday instead of Friday?" Amir asked as Kamari answered the phone

"Because I have things to do Amir and they want to see their father, No their not ready I'm going to pick their things now" Kamari said as she stood up and soon hung up the phone

They had called their relationship quits because it was just to toxic. Kamari felt that Amir wasn't ready for commitment and she had lost herself completely when she was with him. She had came to her senses when she realized how happy she was with just her and Mariah. Jace is her world and so was Anaya but sometimes she wished she could restart and continue her life without Amir. She wondered where she would be if it was just her and Mariah.

But it was to late and Kamari had responsibilities to take care of. She refused to raise her kids in a toxic household she let Amir know that it was time for her to find herself again. And that's exactly what she did for herself and for her children. They were now staying in a 4 bedroom townhouse Kamari paid all the bills and of course she still had help from ace when it came to the kids. He would always try to send her money but she refused to take his money she refused to bring anything in her life that involved him.