Chance Encounter

Lan Wangji hated attending parties.

Unfortunately as the CEO of Gusu-Lan corporations he had to be present for a certain amount of time. And he completely hated it.

Hated the overcrowded ballroom, the optunistic vultures, the scheming social climbers, and worst of all the husband seekers. He just hated the sheer shallowness of it all and was planning on leaving as soon as socially acceptable .

This time the gathering was being hosted by the Jins and Lan Wangji can already feel his headache starting.

He can hear people talk about  the fact that he never brings a partner to these functions.

He can hear them gossiping about him, calling him arrogant and cold, thinking that he's better than them, talking about the fact that he always attends these functions alone, to good to take up their offers of companionship.

Lan Wangji isn't the slightest bit upset because he has no interest in these people whatsoever

Sometimes he wondered what it would be like to have someone with him, that having someone to talk to during these tedious events would make them go faster, but the only person he has ever wanted on his arm has long since disappeared.

Fortunately his straight backed frigid persona and blank face kept the worst of them away . As he stands and observes the room he catches glimpses of his colleagues, watches the people laughing and mingling with each other and wonders if it is time to leave.

When he spots his uncle entertaining a group of potential investors he decides to take his leave, and just as he turns to exit he caught sight of him.

He turns around so suddenly that his head spins, and yes there he stands shining under the glittering chandelier.

Lan Wangji never thought he'd see him again, and to run into him at a Jin event of all places left him stunned .

He was as beautiful as he was 10 years ago, when he walked out of Wangji's life without a word.

He was the only person that Lan Wangji had ever loved. Loved and lost.

Wei Wuxian.

He had met Wei Ying in their first year of highschool. Wei Wuxian was wild and free, he was the only peace of joy in Wangji's monotonous life. The only splash of color in his grey world. Every part of his teenaged life was spent revolving around Wei Ying, loving and longing for Wei Ying. He thought his feelings were mutual with the way Wei Ying clung onto him like a leech and refused to let go.

He loved the mischievous boy with everything that he had. He had their entire lives mapped out. And then Wei Ying disappeared. Vanished and took all of Wangji's love and passion with him, leaving him nothing but a wrung out hollow husk going through the motions of life.

Disappeared, and no matter how much Wangji searched, no matter how many investigators he hired he couldn't find him.

And now after all the years of pain and heartache, he stands before him, not even noticing him. Lan Wangji didn't know whether to be angry or relieved

He stands at the buffet table, surrounded by his admirers, glass of champagne in hand as he observed his surroundings from beneath his eyelashes. Long glossy dark hair shining under the light of the chandelier. He looks older, more mature, but still so very pretty. He's fashionably dressed in a silk red halter top tucked into high wasted black shorts that clinged to his shapely behind, with high heeled ankle boots and a long black blazer. And a red belt that emphasized his tiny waist.

Lan Wangji can't stop watching him.

He was a grown man now so different from the boy Wangji once knew. He exudes confidence and a soft sensuality, no longer the insecure boy trying to hide his uncertainty with loudness. He looked happy and content. The people in the ballroom couldn't keep their eyes of him. It angers him to see their lustful gazes on his beloved, only he was allowed to gaze upon Wei Ying in want.

Lan Wangji could feel the painful longing bubbling up inside of himself the more he let his eyes roam over him, but as he watched as his Wei Ying threw his head back in laughter displaying the mole that Wangji dreamt of every night, oblivious to Lan Wangji, he decided that he was going to do something about it. How dare wei Ying ignore me he internally raged.

As he watches him, revelling in the fact that Wei Ying is once again within his grasp, the flash of white teeth as he smiles coyly at someone's attempt at humor. He pretends that it doesn't burn him alive to watch him talk to someone that isn't him. The brush of his fingers across his lips entices him, warms him down to his core. The fact that his flirtations are for someone else hurts and enrages him.

This will not do Wangji decides.

Now that he finally found Wei Ying he was never going to let him go again. He was going to keep him close and show Wei Ying who he belonged to. He was going to keep Wei Ying with him forever, make it so that he never even thinks about running away again.

After 10 years of misery he was not going to make the same mistake of letting Wei Ying out of his sight again.

As he watches Wei Ying there was only one thought going through his heart and mind.

Mine.

Wei Ying's outfit.

Wei Ying's shoes