Chapter 9: Unexpected Encounter

"Haein

"Haein... Haein... hey!" Manager Lee's voice pierced through Haein's thoughts.

Startled, Haein jolted back to reality. "Ah?! Sorry, I was a bit distracted. What were you saying?" he asked, trying to regain his composure.

Manager Lee sighed and repeated himself, "I was saying that you only need to stay for 3 hours for today's event." He couldn't help but notice Haein's lack of focus once again. His gaze was distant, fixated on something beyond the room, while he half-heartedly pretended to listen.

"Seriously, you're not okay. Is something bothering you?" Manager Lee asked, genuine concern etched on his face. Haein snapped out of his deep thoughts, his eyes now fully focused on his manager.

"I sincerely apologize. I'm currently dealing with a personal matter that's affecting my ability to focus on anything." Haein confessed to his manager, his hands covering his face.

"Don't worry, take the time you need to recover. Just take a moment to relax and I'll bring you a soothing cup of tea." Manager Lee reassured him.

"Thank you," Haein replied gratefully.

His mind was consumed by the events of the previous night between him and Jisoo. The situation made him feel very uncomfortable and made him question his actions and intentions.

"Did I move too fast?"

"Am I being insensitive by moving too fast?

"Did I unknowingly do something wrong while we were intimate?"

These lingering thoughts drained his energy. All he wanted was to understand why Jisoo had rejected him, to find a reason that would provide clarity.

"Maybe she hasn't fully accepted my feelings yet," he whispered to himself.

After thirty minutes, his manager returned to the room.

"Feeling better now?" Manager Lee inquired.

"Yes, much better. Thank you," Haein replied gratefully.

"Good, let me continue where I left off. You only need to be there for three hours. They'll take some pictures of you outside the venue, followed by some more with the brand owners inside. Feel free to mingle, have a drink, and interact with the other guests," Manager Lee explained.

"Okay, I'll go get ready then," Haein replied, promptly leaving to get ready for the event. His stylist and other staff were waiting for him, ready to work their magic. Once his hair and makeup were flawless, he exited the room and made his way to Manager Lee's waiting car.

Upon arriving at the venue, a swarm of photographers crowded the area. Numerous idols and actors could be seen attending the event. Haein quickly followed his manager and stepped onto the illustrious carpet at the grand entrance for the anticipated photo session. The cameras flashed incessantly, but he remained unfazed, accustomed to the blinding lights and eager lenses.