Where it Begins

Disclaimer: I do not own the world of Harry Potter..

Warnings: May include torture at first........

A/N: Yey!! My third Snape fan fic. I hope you like it! I dedicate this to booksquirm because we both love angst stories :P hehehehe... Enjoy reading!!

He was badly beaten.  He was barely alive lying in the cold and filthy floor. It was a miracle that he's still breathing. He was covered with blood, cuts and bruises. He was now alone in the dark after their session of torture to him. Everyday, every minute, he felt pain. His body was numb and he doesn't know why he's still alive. He experienced a lot of torture. With or without magic. He doesn't know how many days he was there. There was nothing he could do to escape the reality that one of this days, he will be gone. He wanted to welcome death and he was not afraid of it. When they caught him, the only thing he was afraid of was the information they want from him about the order. There's still luck at him because until now they haven't extract the information yet. He endured all the torture as long as the order's secrets were safe inside his head. Everyday, he wished for death to come, but it never happen.

*Flash back*

He was eating peacefully at the high table after a long day. He was not in the good mood. Is there any day that he was in good mood? He was about to take a gulp in his goblet when he felt a burning sensation in his left fore arm. Compare to other days when he was summoned, it was more painful today. The goblet even slipped from his right hand and fall. The great hall erupted into silence and all eyes fall on him. He tried to control himself from holding his left arm, but failed as he felt it hurt more. The only one who knew what was happening was the old man sitting at the center of the high table. The old man looked at him with a knowing look which was full of worry. He gave him a short nod and stood up. He quickly left the great hall and soon everyone forget what happen to their potions master. Minerva, who was sitting in the right side of Albus , looked at Albus  as he  watched the man leave the hall. She asked him as the door was closed by the man in black.

“Excuse me Albus, do you know what is happening?” Albus gave her only a shake of his head and then resume eating. Seeing that he will not going to tell her something, also resumed eating.

The man in black walked briskly as the pain erupted more and more to him. When he reached the apparating spot, he quickly apparated to his other master and wondered what was happening. His heart was pounding but he isn’t afraid or nervous. He just felt something was not right. When he arrived, he quickly went inside.  He saw his master and greeted him by bowing so low as he cleared his mind.

“Good evening my lord.” The dark lord only smiled menacingly at him and gestured him to sit.

“Severus, my trusted servant, it seems you’re missing some thing. “ He wondered what it was and looked at the other death eaters in the room. He didn’t know what to say so he remained silent, still thinking of what his master was referring to. Finally, after seconds of silence, the dark lord finally spoke.

“Its too silent isn’t Severus?” He stood up and made his way slowly to Severus. Severus never experienced this kind of meeting. There was really something not right. When the dark lord finally came to a stop behind his back he spoke again as he laid a hand in his shoulders. He tried to stop him self from flinching. 

“It comes to my notice that some one is spying among us.” ‘Damn! Busted! He said to him self. ‘Do they discover him so soon?’ The other death eaters whispered among them selves. Beads of sweat start to form in his forehead and he felt the temperature in the room start to fall. The dark lords quickly removed his hands from his shoulder and started to walk again. He breathed a sighed of relief but he know that he will be damn soon if what he thought is right. But at least, knowing the dark lord was not in his back his nervousness lessens. When the dark lord started to talk again, silence enveloped the whole room and he listened intently to what he was really saying.