In which Caroline is released

A.N. WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS MENTIONS OF THE WORD R*PE

Caroline picked up her buzzing phone.

"Hi Bon!" she greeted happily,

"Hey Care," Bonnie greeted back fondly.

"Is there anything wrong?", Caroline asked curiously.

"Nothing just a reminder that exams are starting this week. And before you ask, you told me to remind you."

"Thanks Bon, I'll come by later once I'm done doing the thing I'm doing tonight."

Bonnie sighed.

"Will you really not tell me what you're doing tonight?"

Guilt crept upon Caroline at the thought of lying to Bonnie.

After everything they had been through together, she didn't want to lie to Bonnie but she couldn't let Bonnie suffer for her mistakes.

"No Bonnie. It's a quick job and I'll be by your house as soon as I can."

Bonnie was still worried.

"Does it have anything to do with the supernatural?"

Caroline froze.

If she said no, she'd lie to Bonnie. Again.

If she said yes, Bonnie would tell her to not do it and if Damon had forced her to do anything.

"I promise Bonnie, it's nothing to do with the supernatural."

When she heard Bonnie let out a sigh of relief, she wanted to cry.

"Just be safe Caroline. Text me if you're in trouble or if anything goes wrong, ok? I'm here for you.

Caroline bit down on her lip hard enough to draw blood.

"If I feel like I'm in any danger or anything, you're the first person I call."

"Love you Care."

"Love you more." She quickly rushed out before she'd break down crying on the phone.

Inhaling a sharp breath, Caroline got a hold of herself and walked through the doors of the Mystic Grill where Kol and Klaus Mikaelson were, not knowing that they were listening to her conversation with Bonnie.

"They care about each other," Kol noted when he listened to the girls conversation.

"Indeed they do brother," Klaus agreed glad that the Bennett witch cared for Caroline.

She reminded him of Rebekah when he first met her.

And since then he swore that he would protect Caroline as he had failed to protect Rebekah from the horrors of the world.

Little did he know that sweet Caroline had already been introduced to the horrors of the world.

Kol saw her walk in with purpose in her step and confidence radiating out of her.

Ever since she walked into the ball, he had to know her. 

So they danced.

The whole night.

Even when Nik would glare at him with his eyes basically shouting, 'hurt her and you go back into the coffin', he still danced with her.

And when he got her to smile, if happiness was a person it would most definitely be her.

He told Nik of his unexplainable emotions and his brother had the gall to smirk at him and leave the room after saying, "After a thousand years and all it took was a newby vampire to make you fancy a person."