Prologue

This is a KOTLC AU. Please note that this may not be exactly accurate to the books! 

Enjoy,  

Claire

The flames fell down, burning my skin. The scorching pain was unbearable. 

"SHAY! RUN! GET OUT!" The ground shook as my father screamed at me, his forcefield shaking back and forth. A shard tumbles down from above me. I quickly turn my hands up and charge the boulder with a zap of lightning. 

"NO! DAD, NO I CANT LEAVE YOU!" My eyes shift to my father again, and then to the skies from where the boulder fell. There, escaping is Fitz Vacker, holding Sophie Foster, escaping the shards of flame falling everywhere. If that girl wasn't here, this wouldn't have happened. Fintan killed my mother because of his rage because of Sophie Foster. 

My father's forcefield shatters, the falling gems trapping him. I scream as I fall to the ground. I look around, my vision blurring the horrific sights surrounding me. A cloaked figure frantically rushes around. Their navy blue eyes turn to me. They shuffle forward. A image swirls in my mind. It's Sophie, she's doing something... I can't quite figure it out- wait. She is standing by my parents dead bodies. Soon, all I see is black. 

Pitch. Black. Darkness.