𝙏𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙧...

I feel how my phone vibrates in my pocket. I was about to go to dinner, but when I saw the name of the caller I just sat back on the bed, I already knew what was happening. Whenever Dream fights with his boyfriend, I'm the shoulder he cries on. We talk for a long time while he gets distracted and stops crying, it's already a routine.

"Hello? What's up Dream?" It's obvious, I know what's going on, but I always pretend to be intrigued, I pretend not to know the reason for his call.

"Sapnap. Am I interrupting something?" I manage to hear his voice breaking from crying, for a moment I feel bad, but I know that no matter what he says, he will never change, he will always return to his boyfriend.

"I'm never busy for you, Clay. What happened?" I hear him sigh heavily on the other end of the line and I curl up on my bed ready to hear the same story.

"My heart hurts." He says dryly and I can hear him crying, he tries to slow it down by clearing his throat but can't. He can't fool me. "It's George again."

"I saw him with Quackity on his stream again. I'm not a jealous person. You know? But it's strange to me that Quackity is addressed as 'My love, Baby, Honey'. You are my friend, and although I love you, it will never be that way ." I felt my stomach drop, but I kept listening to his words. "I don't know what to do, I don't know how to show him that I love him, that I can give him more love than any Quackity that exists in the world."

"Clay, you're beautiful, you're the best person I've ever met, and if he can't see it... then fuck it! He's the one who loses it, I know you'll find someone better, someone who loves you, someone who can see all your qualities... You don't know, but maybe that person is in front of you, but because of your stubbornness you can't see it." I would give anything to express those words, but I can't, so all I do is put my phone down for a few seconds until he speaks again.

"I think I'll never get over it." And that ends up screwing everything up.

"You'll be fine Dream, I know you guys will work it out, you're a strong couple." I'm lying, the last thing I want is for them to stay together. I can't stand the fact that George hurts Dream so much. "And why get over it? You don't have to, you can keep trying with him. Don't give up, don't let him go without a fight."

After hearing a few more things about Dream and his toxic romance and a few more lies on my part, we realize that it's quite late since the next day we have to record a video for Dream's channel.

"Sap? I want to thank you. You are always there for me, no matter that my story is always the same, that I only call you to complain about my love problems. I don't know what I would do without you, but you help me a lot, you make me feel better when I feel that nothing can go right. I don't know how you do it but I know you do, in one way or another your voice catches me and gives me the support I need. Your beautiful words, your words of support, everything in our talks is something that I could never have with someone else. Thank you for being my friend."

I was about to bring out my courage, I was about to say "Stop crying over an idiot, don't you see that the only idiot here is me for loving you so much?" I don't understand why Dream waits so long to emphasize WE ARE FRIENDS.

I know we're friends, I know he doesn't like me and never will, I don't understand the need to be so cruel... Sometimes I think Dream knows about my feelings towards him, and that's why he always makes it clear to me that they're not reciprocated, it's frustrating, I don't want to keep running in circles, this is not taking us anywhere.

I have shown in a thousand ways that I am the one who loves Dream, meanwhile his boyfriend has only shown that he loves seeing Dream cry and I don't understand it. Doesn't he realize? I am here for him and always have been and yet it seems that my presence is not relevant, that he does not see me beyond a shoulder to cry on. He looks like he can break my heart into a million pieces like it belongs to him. As if he has the right to do it and I can do nothing but pick up the pieces of my broken heart, although along the way I have to pick up the pieces of his heart. He doesn't realize all the damage he's causing? George doesn't love him like I do, and he definitely doesn't feel the same way I do.

I go for my phone again. I start writing on Twitter.

————
-Sapnap
"To you, Heartbreaker."
170.6k likes - 23k replies
————

I entered the vc a little earlier than Dream, he was always first, but this time was the exception.

A few minutes have passed since I entered when that tone enters Discord, I know it's Dream, I know.

"Hello?" He asked a little reluctantly, I'm tired that the central theme of all our talks is George. We don't talk about minecraft, we don't talk about our day. No, everything revolves around George.

"Sap? I have to tell you a lot of things." I listen to how happy his tone is and I smile unconsciously knowing I wouldn't have to mortify myself listening to him cry again. "I fixed things with George. We talked about what happened and he explained to me that Quackity means nothing to him." I can't help but think how stupid Dream is but I continue to listen to his story. "It used to bother me, but now it doesn't bother me anymore, because George explained how things are and I'm so happy to realize that he's not leaving me for someone better."

I want to scream, I want to go through the vc and tell Dream that I can't stand the way George treats him, that it's not normal that the person who claims to love you only seeks to destroy you and make you cry.

"I told you everything would be fine and you both could work it out." But I only say what he wants to hear.

I can see his happiness, he tells me about his boyfriend and his day. It annoys me, but I prefer a thousand times to hear his happy tone of voice than to hear him cry, to hear how he suffers for that idiot.

After some anecdotes from his day with George, Dream says that it's time for us to go to sleep.

"Good night Sap, I'll call you tomorrow at 10. Thanks for being a good friend."

And I keep falling deeper and deeper into that friend-only zone. I sigh as there is nothing I can do about it.

I just go back to Twitter to write about last night.

————
-Sapnap
"To you, the one who never sees the truth."
345.6k likes - 45k replies
————

But I don't think this is forever, right? Maybe at a certain moment he will realize everything that is wrong in that relationship, he will forget it, I know he will because he is such a strong person and always has been. Sometimes he is so close to perfection.

I go into George's stream where he is talking to Quackity, flirting with each other. The audience is so stupid thinking how cute those idiots are, if only they knew they were hypocrites. I don't even do anything to stop him or defend Dream, I look at them indifferently and leave the stream. I have nothing to do with that relationship, if Dream doesn't mind the fact that George is with Quackity at the same time as with him, it doesn't have to bother me at all.

I walk calmly to the kitchen thinking about the day that Dream finally forgets that jerk, the day that he realizes that I've been waiting for him all this time. The day the boy with the broken heart stops being the boy who breaks my heart.

It may not be soon, it may be late but I am confident that one day Dream will finally see everything.

One day he will see that I am his cure.

————————-

Omg I made a thingy, if people like this I'll write more stories 🏃