Chapter 1

"Mom!! Help! We found this red crystal and-" Nikko cried out, but before he could finish, the book flipped to the first page and sucked the four in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nikko's Pov~~

After we were sucked into the book, I felt my back hit something hard, maybe a rock.

I heard a groan and looked up to see Peter was sitting up, rubbing his head. "Is everyone alright?" He asked, looking around.

"We just got sucked into a book and are who knows where," Seria said, standing up and dusting herself off."No! We are not alright!"

"Gees! Sorry! You don't need to yell at me!" Peter said, annoyed as he helped himself up.

"Guys... We should fight each other," I said as I stood up and dusted off myself.

"Nokia's right, fighting each other will get us nowhere," Macie said, standing up, holding something tightly in her hand.

"Fine..." Peter and Seria said, glaring daggers at the other.

"Dear Diary," a voice said, causing us all the jump before we all looked around confused.

"That's my mama's voice," Macie said, trying to look for the source.

I then spotted someone with h/c hair was running toward us. "Guys...?" I said, panicking a little myself.

Macie looked at the woman and said, "Hey isn't that-"

Y/n's POV~

I was going on my daily afternoon run, like always. But I thought I would switch things up and go on a short run through the forest.

"Hmm," I said, looking around. I couldn't seem to shake the feeling that something was.... wrong.

I slowed my run to a joggle to a walk, as I looked around the forest. I could shake the feeling, something was definitely wrong.

That's when the smell hit me... "That smells like...." I said, eyes widening. "Blood!" I yelled, running toward the source of the smell. I kept running until I spotted the source.

There laid a boy around my age with maroon hair on the ground, and he looked like he was covered in burns and looked like he was some losing blood. The weird part was that he was wearing a green Halloween costume.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed as I rushed over to him and kneeled down beside him.

"Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead please don't-" I keep repeating as I looked for the guy's pulse.

As I was searching for his pulse, he groaned in pain.

"You're alive.." She said, letting out a sigh of relief. "Let's you to the hospital and-"

"P-please... No hospital..." he managed to say as he opened his eyes.

My eyes widened as I looked into his eyes. He had the prettiest evergreen eyes I've ever seen.

"Wait.. Why no hospital?" I asked, trying to get him on his feet.

There is no way I'll be able carry him out of the forest, I thought as I tucked my hand under his arm, trying to support his weight.

"It's because..." He started, pausing. "Because..."

"I... I don't know why..." He said, fear present behind his eyes. "I can't... remember..."

"You can't remember?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, as I started to lead him out of the forest. "Can you remember anything?"

He paused, staring head, before he spoke back up. "I remember my name what my name is," He said as he looked back me.

"And what is your name," I said, curious and interested.

"Mephisto..." He said, sounding a little unsure.

"Well, Mephisto," I said as I looked ahead.

"I'm Y/n," I said as we stepped out of the forest into town.

Nikko's pov~~

"Well it seems we're in the past, or a projection of the past," Seria said, looking around.

"How are you so calm?!" I said, smiling and bouncing like a little kid.

"Why are you so excited?" Peter asked, looking at me confused.

"Because I'm going to see my parents when they were young!" I exclaimed.

Macie facepalmed. "Calm on, let's just follow the-" She said, but was cut off again.

"As soon as we got to my house," the voice said as the scene around us charged to a living room, Mephisto was sitting on the couch, shirtless, and Y/n was standing in front of him, applying something to his burns. "I started tending to his wounds."

Y/n's pov~~

Mephisto winced every once and awhile as I applied the burn cream to his burn.

"Don't worry, I'm almost done, Mephisto," I said as I applied the cream.

"But why does it have to hurt so much!?" He said, squeezing the pillow cushion under him.

"I don't know, maybe because your body is littered in burns," I said, rubbing his arm with the hand I wasn't using to apply the cream.

He looked at his arm then at me, loosening his grip on the couch cushion. "Thank you, Y/n," he muttered as he looked down at his feet.

"No problem and I'm done," I said as I stepped away, taking my hand off his arm and turning toward the first aid kit.

"Really!" He said, a little to excited.

"Yeah," I said as I grabbed a bandage roll.

"Now all that's left is to bandage you up," I said as I turned toward Mephisto.

He pouted and asked, "Is it going to hurt like before?"

"It shouldn't hurt, and can you put your arms up?" I asked as I smiled down at Mephisto.

He nodded and put his arms up, unsure of what I was going to do.

I then started to wrap the bandage around his chest, passing it around him several time before snapping it and working on one of his arms.

Mephisto's pov~~

Why can't I remember anything besides my own name?! I thought as I watched Y/n work.

I'm glad the person who found me is... nice? Is that the right word to use? I thought as I looked around.

"All done," Y/n said as she finished wrapping my arms in 'bandages', I think that's what they are called?

What happened that hurt me so badly that I can't remember a thing? I thought, closing my eyes.