The Late Prince

"Hi Winnee, sorry I'm late."

I watched this tall young handsome man leisurely take his seat right in front of me. He donned a nicely ironed striking yellow striped long sleeve button blouse, tucked smartly in his tailor-made black pants.

I took a sip of my barley lemon drink.

I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't anxious to meet him. Heck, any normal heterosexual woman would be nervous if she were to meet an 11/10 eligible bachelor, for whatever purposes.

I tried to listen to this eye candy, but that pair of big brown iris, staring back at me, glistening with the charm of a prince was just too distracting.

I caught only one sentence.
He said, "love comes when you least expect it, and when you deserved it most."

When would that be?

I couldn't help but scan every single movement he made - him eating noodles with chopsticks, writing down notes with his left hand, casually stroking his nicely combed long black luscious curly hair. His demeanour intrigued every curious fibre in me.

When he smiled, ohhh...that megawatt rabbit- teeth smile...I finally understood the phrase "my ovary is about to explode.'

It felt like a date, but we both knew it wasn't. I wish it was. The meetup was fairly brief but the impact he left was deep and lasting.

I'll remember this day, the day when I had lunch with a late prince charming.