The edge

Rengoku

I was called up here because someone was going to jump, and as student council president I was required to stop him. Even if I wasn't student council president I probably would've helped him, I mean I find myself in that situation a lot more than what other people think I would. Just keep smiling, don't let the smile falter, not at school, I had told myself repeatedly. When I got there I saw the boy that captured my heart years ago and I still love him, his quiet attribute and his midnight blue hair always billowing in the wind no matter what and his atlantic blue eyes. "Don't do it please" I say knowing I sound desperate, because I doubt I can keep this act up if he dies. He's the reason I started this act in the first place.

I wake up and look at my clock. It's already 3:oo p.m. schist I got to get ready to tutor Mitsuri-chan, and consequently Obanai-kun who came just because of Mitsuri-chan. Anyways I quickly get dressed and put my yellow fade into red hair into my usual half pony, people say I have unusually long hair for a male. I adjust my eye patch over the eye my father kinda destroyed in a punishment. I put on a fake smile to myself in the mirror. "Kyojuro get your ass down here." My dad screams. I grab my school stuff and stuff my wallet in there so I can get food for me and Senjuro, thank god I still have a job, despite showing up late almost daily. I check if Senjuro is at home before I head out, knowing I have told him to go to the park, or a friend's house if I'm gone.

"Kyo-saaannnn, where are we going today? Are we going to that cafe?" Mitsuri questions with as much energy as a toddler. "I heard there was a new cafe down the street, Mitsuri-san," Obanai replied in a monotone voice, like usual. "Let's go there then! Also Mitsuri-san you actually have to study this time," I cut in. "I knoooow," Mitsuri dragged the word on annoyed. I just chuckle at her usual complaining. As we walk I see Senjuro playing with the younger children smiling. "Nii-San," he yells, jumping into my arms for a hug, " oh, Hi Mitsuri-chan, Hi Obanai-kun!" Senjuro runs off to join the other children and I carry on being more of a third wheel rather than tutoring them. As we got to the cafe I read the name, Slayer cafe, huh, I thought to myself, it must be taisho era themed. As we walk in I'm greeted by a familiar voice, and I see Tanjiro, a kind boy who has a mute sister they usually get picked on by Sanemi. Sanami is a kid in our grade who he and his younger brother are the only survivors of a mass murder. "Hi Tanjiro-kun, I didn't know you had a job!" Mitsuri exclaims with usual energy. "Yeah I got it so I can take care of Nzuko!" he says with a smile that brightens everyone's day. As we got seated, and I was right, it's taisho era themed. I help Mitsuri with math and Obanai with English, something he seems to struggle with.

After Purchasing extra food that will last me Senjuro at least a week hopefully. As we walk back We hear yelling at the Butterfly estate, we peek in knowing we could get in trouble with Kanae, the head of the estate which we all know it's more of an orphanage/hospital. Giyuu, the blue haired boy who captured my heart years ago was fighting with Shinobu, Kanae's younger sister who's in our grade. They are screaming at each other knowing this is normal. We were about to leave when Giyuu shouts "YOU DO NOT INSULT SABITO," followed by multiple swear words. I sigh and grab Giyuu by his haori that he insists on wearing. He starts shouting as I drag him out of there. He seems to calm down by the time we get to the cherry blossom trees at the edge of my house. He thanks me and goes wherever he lives. Mitsuri and Obanai have already left. I make the climb up to the front door. I already hear screeching from here and I prepare for the punishment for absolutely nothing.

As I walk in I'm greeted by a sake bottle to the face then I'm falling down, farther and farther. Shit I'm going to pass out... I quickly grab the door frame to stabilize myself and pick myself up slowly. And walk to the kitchen putting the food in the fridge. I am told I recover quickly, which I doubt because I cover up the pain. I quickly make my way to the stairs only to see my father there guarding the stairs he quickly grabs my hair and throws me on the ground, "eh, fagot yeah i know your a little fagot, you only get to live here if you act strait, got it, fagot."