✨✨✨✨

"Kate, we should go home. It's literally snowing and I don't want you getting sick." Chess says, crossing her arms. "I won't get sick, Checkers. It's not even that cold." The younger girl says and then shivers a bit. Chess raises an eyebrow. "You sure about that?"
"Duh." Kate says, resisting the urge to wrap her arms around her body. Chess just sighs. "Why did you wear a flannel?? It's winter."
"Because flannels are supreme." Kate replies. Chess sighs again. "Do you want my jacket, Kat?"
"I said I'm not cold!" Kate exclaims and then she shivers a bit. Chess rolls her eyes and grabs Kate by her hands so she could drag her stubborn friend over to her house. "CHESS!" Kate says trying to wrigle out of the senior's grasp. "Kate." Chess says, more calm then her friend. "We're going back to my place so you don't catch a cold."
"But I'm not–" Kate starts saying but Chess cuts her off. "It's not up for debate, Kat." She says sternly. Kate huffs and reluctantly agrees. "We can watch a movie once we get back. Your pick." Chess says.
"Fine."

The two friends finally arrive at Chess's house. Chess goes up to her room to get changed while Kate looks for movies to watch. "How about The City Of Bones?" Kate suggests once the senior returns. "Isn't that movie like, really bad compared to the books?" Chess asks. "Yep, I just wanna make fun of it and point out the flaws." Chess sighs and chuckles a bit. "Of course you do." She shakes her head and smiles slightly, sitting next to her best friend as the latter plays the movie. Kate takes Chess's hand and leans on the latter's shoulder while they watch the movie. And as she said, Kate was pointing out all the mistakes whilst Chess sighed internally at her friend's antics. The two both smiled a bit and watched the rest of the movie, Kate still pointing out the flaws.

(A/N: Checkate is one of my favourite platonic duos ever. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed! I'mma probably write a story on Mattie soon! K byee!)