ᠻorty-eight

soojin didn't expect anyone to actually see her off, especially not a group of grown men she met on a dating app for kinks

soojin didn't expect anyone to actually see her off, especially not a group of grown men she met on a dating app for kinks. and yet they were all there, encasing her in hugs as she laughed loud enough to draw some glares. "guys! it's not like i'm moving, i'll be back!"

haechan continued to fake cry, squeezing the shorter between taeyong and jungwoo's arms. "take me with you! don't leave me here with them."

the ravenette chuckled and ruffled his hair. "shut up, you dramatic ass bitch."

"you're gonna miss me so much!"

soojin hated how right he was.

brushing the incoming sadness off with a smile, she raised both brows. "i'm bringing back the sexiest souvenirs for you guys. and sixty bottles of apple syrup."

she was getting ready to elaborate on what other gifts she had in mind when two figures sprinted towards her, crushing the short girl in a bear hug. "i told you i'd get everyone here," frankie mumbled, face swallowed up by soojin's dark hair.

johnny, who'd been the other person to squish her, suddenly picked both girl's off their feet before dropping them back onto the floor a few moments later.

"you'll always be my favorite slu—oojin." he was quick to correct himself after remembering soojin wasn't fond of the word slut, but the girl only shook her head with a grin. "don't worry, i'll let it slide. but only for you."

getting released from the crushing hug, soojin gave a quick farewell to doyoung, who was buying airport sweets for taeyong, jungwoo, and haechan. the ravenette's smile fell a bit when she realized that mark and sakura weren't coming, but she wasn't surprised.

"hey," turning around, soojin's lip raised at the sight of jaehyun with a yellow dandelion in his hand. her smile only grew as she accepted the gift, twirling it between her fingers before looking up at him. "wow, a weed!"

jaehyun winked, "just for you." and soojin laughed. she stepped forward to toss her arms loosely around the boy's shoulder and he was quick to return the gesture. "damn," he started in a small voice, "and here i was thinking that it'd be earlier to let go if we were mean to each other. bitch."

the confession caused the girl to look up, her chin resting on his chest. she wasn't sure what to say to match his sarcasm, so she smiled. jaehyun leaned towards her to place a quick peck on her head. bidding quiet farewells, the boy let her go and turned to join the rest of the group buying snacks.

soojin let out a small sigh, hoisting one of her bags over her shoulder when she noticed one last person to say goodbye to.

she glanced back, lips lopsided when her eyes fell on long, dark hair. "hey, yuta."

"soojin," the boy greeted back, facing his feet with hands deep in the pockets of his black jeans. it had been awkward since the incident at the bar, but the ravenette was willing to push that aside for today.

"any special requests from canada?" she teased, cocking a brow as she released the handle of her larger suitcase. yuta scoffed, but a wide smile was present on his lips. "hmm, maybe a new mark?"

stifling a cackle, soojin shook her head. "that boy, no matter how dumb he's acting, is one of a kind. wouldn't trade him for the world."

it got quiet again after yuta agreed, his shoulders raised as if he had something to say but wasn't sure how to say it. "listen..."

"i'm sorry." the girl cut in, finally grabbing the taller's attention. "it was dumb of me to get upset about you and hyohei. you can date whoever you want, it isn't my place to intervene. i'm sorry i made it uncomfortable."

yuta stared at her for a while, allowing her words to sink in before grinning. "you know, when you got high on acid and i had to pick you up, kun kept calling me your boyfriend..." he trailed off momentarily, soojin's expression still as she hadn't heard much of anything about that night.

"my point is that i let him. and i enjoyed it." the skin of his cheeks brightened with rose-colored embarrassment. "i don't like hyohei. i've never liked hyohei."

soojin swallowed, her heart pounding against her ribs as the next words flowed softly past his lips.

"i like you."

•