Chapter 22: Wedding bells

The long-awaited wedding day of Jung Haein and Kim Jisoo had finally arrived. The hype surrounding their wedding was unprecedented, making it the most watched event in Korea. The guest list boasted a plethora of A-list celebrities from Korea and beyond, adding to the glamour of the occasion. Notably, the esteemed Dior team from France was also invited to design Jisoo's exquisite wedding gown, showcasing their expertise in high-end couture. Jisoo was overjoyed with the final result, as the gown perfectly encapsulated her vision for her special day.

 Jisoo was overjoyed with the final result, as the gown perfectly encapsulated her vision for her special day

The venue was abuzz with excitement as guests eagerly awaited the arrival of the bride and groom. The bridesmaids were all present, except for two who were assisting Jisoo in her final preparations. Jisoo's mother was by her side, helping her daughter get ready for her big moment. Mrs. Kim's overwhelming joy and emotion brought tears to her eyes, necessitating frequent makeup touch-ups to ensure she looked her best amidst the tears of happiness.

"Oh, my baby, you look...fantastic. You are...the most beautiful bride. I...I," Mrs. Kim stammered, overcome with emotion as she gazed at her daughter in her wedding attire, her hair and makeup flawlessly done. The sight brought tears to her eyes once again.

"Eomeoni, don't cry, you are going to make me cry," Jisoo said, trying to hold back her own tears.

"Yes, Mrs. Kim, Jisoo needs to be impeccable today, so no crying, alright?" Jennie interjected, offering support to Mrs. Kim with a reassuring pat on the back.

Jisoo exuded a breathtaking beauty, resembling a princess straight out of a fairytale. She was filled with excitement at the prospect of marrying the man of her dreams.

Contrastingly, Haein was consumed by nerves, his anxiety palpable as beads of sweat formed on his brow. Joon took notice and promptly lowered the room's temperature in an attempt to alleviate Haein's sweating.

"Hyung, come on, at this rate, you're going to be dehydrated," Joon quipped with a smile, trying to lighten the mood amidst Haein's pre-wedding jitters.

In that moment, Jung Hoon couldn't help but find Haein's nerves amusing. "You've kissed my sister, slept with her, and now you're going to be a dad. How are you this nervous? You've got some explaining to do," Jung Hoon teased.

"Please, just stop. If you're all going to make fun of me, just leave," Haein said, feeling overwhelmed by his groomsmen's teasing.

"Relax, they're just trying to lighten the mood. Do you want some medicine to help you chill out?" David, one of Haein's closest friends, suggested.

"Okay, sorry. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I've been dreaming of this moment since the beginning. But now, it all feels so surreal that in just an hour, I'll be marrying her," Haein admitted, wiping sweat from his forehead.

"It's normal, don't worry. You're just excited to see her, that's all," Mr. Kim reassured Haein.

Out of nowhere, David handed Haein a Xanax and urged him to take it for some relief. "Trust me, it'll help," David whispered to Haein as they prepared to leave the dressing room.