Chapter 1

"Y/n!"

I groaned as I heard my name being yelled. I slowly opened my eyes very annoyed, only to see my best friend Jessi.

Jessi and I have been best friends since I came to the orphanage when I was 8. 

*Flash back*

I was sitting in the back of a car with a blank look on my face. I was staring out the window ignoring the women driving the car who kept asking questions. I hadn't spoken much since my parents died.

I had zoned out thinking of my last moment's with my parents. Then we pulled up to a big house. There were children running around on the front lawn. As I walked by they all stopped to see who the new girl was.

I tried to look away from all of the kids when my eyes met with a set of brown ones over by the house. The belonged to a girl who I assumed to be around my age. She had shoulder length black hair and had a bright smile on her face as I made my way to the door.

When we got inside we were greeted by a boy who looked to be about a year older than me. He was blond with the prettiest green eyes I had ever seen. He introduced himself as Luke.

Luke led us into a room where we saw an old women sitting at a desk filling out some forms. She looked up at us and and stood to greet us.

"Hello I'm Mrs. Lee. This must be Y/n" The women spoke.

"Yes this is Y/n. She hasn..." I zoned out as I took a seat at the desk, not wanting to listen to what the were talking about.

After about 5 minutes I snaped out of it heard some calling my name. It was Mrs. Lee calling me to follow her to my new room. When we got there all of the stuff that I wanted to bring was sitting in boxes on the floor and bed.

Mrs. Lee left me in the room to unpack. After a while there was a knock on the door.

"Can I come in," the voice on the other side if the door spoke. As I opened the door I noticed that it was the girl from outside.

"hi  I'm Jessi, what's your name," she greeted in an unusually happy voice.

"Y/n," I replied in a quiet tone.

"What was that. I couldn't hear you."

"My name is Y/n," I said louder than before.

I went back to unpacking my clothes when she started helping me.

As time went on I started opening up to her and talking more.

*End of flashback*

"Y/n GET UP! Your new family will be here in like 2 hours." Jessi pestered me to wake up, shaking me continuously.

"Fine I'm up. I'M UP! COULD YOU STOP SHAKING ME?!" I got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. I did my normal routine. I got a shower brushed my teeth and did my skincare. I then cleared through my hair and put it in a ponytail. After that I went back into my rom and got dressed for the day.

A few minutes later I headed down to the kitchen to help Mrs. Lee finish breakfast. After we finished she called everyone down.

We all gathered around the table and talked about what we were going to do for the day when some of the younger kids started to ask me questions about my new family.

They ranged from 'Who are the people you're moving with.' To 'Do they have kids'

I didn't know how to answer those questions. I hadn't met them yet and I didn't know if they had any kids.

After we finished breakfast I headed back up to my room with Jessi to finish backing the last of my things when I noticed that she looked sad.

"Jess what's wrong" I asked, my voice laced with concern.

"Nothing"

"It's not nothing. You're never this quiet."

"I don't want you to go."

"Jessi what do you mean. It's not like we won't see each other any more."

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT! YOU'RE LEAVING! You're leaving and You're gonna make new friends and you're gonna be happy and you'll forget about us like everyone else did."

"Jessi I promise I will keep in touch. No one will ever be more important to me than you will." I pulled her into a hug as she cried into my shoulder.

We stayed in my room until I heard the voice of Mrs. Lee calling me down. " Y/n your new family is here to pick you up."

As we made our way down stairs I caught sight of two people. They introduced themselves as Nathan and Michelle Cross. They seem like a nice couple, but I didn't know them yet.

Now I'm in the back of a car, leaving the place that I have called home for the past 6 years. I'm going to a new place with people that I don't know. I guess I'll Just have to make the most of it.

Hackensack here I come.