Chapter One: Her past

Sophie Amethyst was sitting in the Smith Grove sanatarium of Haddonfield, and she sighed. She thought that she deserved to be here. But then again, she felt that she didn't deserve to be here; all she did was defend herself against her stepbrother and her stepfather. Her mother believed that she was crazy, and maybe she was. She was only fourteen when she killed them, and they kept beating her and putting her in the closet and basements. And her mother didn't care. All she cared about was either her next drug fix. Or even her next drink. 

Sophie had been in this asylum for the past few years. The trials were a lot like the Michael Myers ones. They said that she was a lot like him, just because Halloween was and always will be her favorite holiday. A lot had been told about her that she wanted to kill those two assholes. Her mother had everyone believing that she was crazy and evil. Sophie had never harmed anyone or anything in her life. Until that night, on October 21st, she remembered it as though it was yesterday. 

Sophie flipped her dark hair from her dark blue eyes while remembering. 

A fourteen-year-old Sophie Amethyst was heading from school, as usual. Even though she wasn't very popular, she loved school, but she didn't care. She knew that the popular kids would bully her into making them feel big and bad. Sophie would ignore them mainly and sit and eat outside. After getting in the house, she would be alone for a couple of hours, walking up the stairs and doing her homework. Sophie thought that would be her 'Christmas very soon,' Halloween was her day! 

Sophie would typically be out until late, and no one in her family cared even to acknowledge that she existed, and she had no idea why? She shrugged and went downstairs and took care of herself, as Sophie was making a peanut butter sandwich with a glass of orange juice when her stepfather and stepbrother came home. She hated being in the same home as them; they always ruined her day, no matter what kind of day that she had, her stepfather was named Roy Allans, and he was the grossest thing on two legs. Everyone knew that Sophie's mother, Lena Post, was busy lying on her back for the next man, to even care about her daughter. 

"Hey, bitch, make us something to eat, and while you're at it. Suck our dicks!'' Roy said while his son was laughing, his son was named David. And he was the twin of his father and just as rude. She glared at them; she was handling their insults and sexual comments towards her from them. Her earliest memory of them was locking her in either the basement, and she was scared to death. From that day on, she hated closed spaces. She believed that the term was Claustrophobia, meaning that the person can't stand tight or enclosed spaces. 

She went upstairs and ignored them for the rest of the night; Sophie came down the stairs no sooner than her feet had touched the floor. Both of them attacked her, and she could fight them off. David, she could make short work out of; the idiot left the basement door opened and tripped over his own two feet. David fell to his death. While Roy, on the other hand, was harder, he was bigger and stronger than her. He was throwing her around in the kitchen, and somehow, Sophie had managed to get ahold of a butcher knife, and she was able to stab him to death. 

And in all honesty, she didn't remember a lot of it; the next thing she knew, she was in Smith Grove Asylum. These people on the jury didn't care about her defensive wounds on her body or the fact that the neighbors had testified in her favor; they deemed her insane. With the help of her mother, afterward, her mother had moved out and on with her life, and no one visited her. And everyone that knew her, from school, they were spreading nasty rumors about her. Sophie didn't know what she did was wrong to deserve this.