The start of a new person

"A new year, a new me"
Or as I thought, 2021 and 2022 so far is the worst year for me.let's go back to august 2021 the beginning of a new school year, it was great! Well for a couple of days. I was getting bullied in my homeroom so they switched me to another one, at first I didn't like my new homeroom because I was getting bullied in it to, but they stopped and we became friends in a couple of months.
The people that I became friends with were really horrible people but I became friends with them anyways( bad idea) I knew it was a bad idea but I still decided to become friends with them, this happens every time I go into a new school I'm always the center of attention, I hate when this happens every year I tell myself that i will do better than I always end up being the same person as last year why am I always like this I keep hoping every year that I will find someone that can teach me to become a better person. But there's one person this year that ruined it all, I'm not gonna say his name so I'm just gonna say one of my teachers. At the start of the year he said to me " I already know your gonna be my favorite student" I already knew he was wrong, this always happens, every teacher says that when they meet me but I end up being the opposite. My other teachers that I had said that as well, I'm such a horrible person do I never learn from my mistakes? Am I stupid? Why am I like this?