Good Morning

The real sun shining through the skylight of the Daycare strikes me right in the face, warming my sensors enough for me to notice and wake up. The room is so lit up, I almost don't need to turn the lights on. But I do. I always do.

I fell asleep on the balcony outside my room again. It's just easier and faster to get up that way, plus my room is covered in cobwebs, papers, and messes he made. I picked myself up and surveyed the room. Everything was still in its relative place, but one can of Fizzy Faz had been knocked over. My sensors noticed it immediately and I itched to pick it up. 

I jumped out of the balcony, did a flip, and landed in the ball pit. So many colored plastic balls went flying over me, but I checked to make sure they all landed in the pit again. The can had been knocked over by the Daycare slide, so I picked it up and examined it carefully. There was a large dent in it like someone had punched it. Curious. After examining for no further damage I concluded that the can must have fallen by accident and the dent caused by a naughty child.

I flipped the lightswitches on one by one, enjoying the sound of the lights going chhh chhh chhh as they powered up. 

All around the Pizzaplex other signs light up, advertising the band's attractions like Fazer Blast and Gator Golf. Across from me, an unlit sign remains. Bonnie Bowl, it reads. Bonnie used to be here, but now he's not. That day was erased from our animatronic databases after the incident. I want to know why, but that would mean breaking the rules. I searched my database for any kind of emotion towards Bonnie's disappearance or that day, but I can't find anything. Unusual, but I suppose it isn't really because every morning the lights turn on and every morning Bonnie Bowl is dark. And every morning, my 'brain' goes back to that empty forgotten day.

A clanging above me told me one of the animatronics had woken up from their rooms. Probably Monty. Just as I predicted, his head popped around the corner. "Hello, Sun! Good morning! How 'ya doin'?"

"Excellent, Montgomery Gator! How are you doing? Are you ready for your performance today?"

He chuckled. "Yup! I got my guitar, my sunglasses, my tail, pretty sure I got my tail, lemme check-" Monty twisted around to check his tail. "Yup, got my tail! I'm heading down to Gator Golf to get things started. Catch you later!"

All the animatronics come down to say good morning, and when they have breaks, they mostly take them in the daycare. They say it appeals to their 'childlike spirit' or something. Which doesn't make sense, but the kids like it, and if the kids like it, then I like it. 

I better get ready to open the Daycare.

____________________________________

490 words! How do you lovelies like it so far?

I'm trying to write shorter chapters so I don't have writing segments that drag on, and on, and on, and you get the idea. I didn't originally ship the two Daycare Attendants together, but I had this cute idea for a story that I had to write.

No romance yet but what of the incident.

Stay safe, be healthy, drink water or as I say, 'hydrate or die-drate'

G'day!

-Michael (She/they/he)