Looking back

Looking back on it now, things could’ve gone a lot differently. The most important night of my life could’ve gone a lot differently. But it didn’t, and I don’t know if i’m glad that it turned out the way that it did or if I would’ve rather avoided it all and just silently drifted through the crimson red fabrics of the night.

    I slowly walked down the path leading to my house in complete silence as my friend walked with a vengeance to catch up. Her hills constantly clicking on the concrete as her shoulder length auburn red hair blows in the vigorous wind that she doesn’t even seem to notice. I on the hand found myself unexpectedly losing tears at such a rapid pace, it would seem that I was crying to anyone just passing by.  I took out my keys as I approached the door and she finally caught up to me without even the slightest indication in her breathing of the amount of force it took to just get up the path. We walk inside of my two story house and immediately place our things down on our way to the living room. The moment I sit down she turns to me and in one breathless sentence says,

“ I can't believe we found these amazing dresses before someone else tried to snatch them away , you know how I get when I really want something, somebody woulda been leaving that store with missing limbs".

        I couldn't do anything but simply laugh at Davina knowing that she's very capable of the execution of her treat.

" I know, I know, luckily it didn't come to that," I say.

" It almost did. I saw how that girl was eyeballing my dress and I wasn't gonna go easy on her just because she's a little girl either Alex, you know i won't," she stated rather loudly.

" Well, it's a good thing it didn't come to that because otherwise you would be in jail, I would be frantic worrying over you, and there's no way would be able enjoy myself at the party," I said with a wicked grin on my face.

" You would still go to go party if I was jail," she says with her mouth wide open and her eyes practically jumping out of her head in surprise.

" Of course I would, wouldn't want those beautiful dresses you sacrificed your freedom for to go to waste now would you?," I say without an ounce of emotion in my voice.

She lightly slaps my arm while trying to keep a scowl on her face to show her offence to my comment, but eventually bursts into a fit of laughter saying,

" You sound just like Alice."

" Let's try not to mention her name, i'd really rather not think about her, her being with Luke, or her being at the party tonight," I said with my smile leaving my face.

I didn't wanna see Alice when I had to, and I certainly didn't wanna see or talk about her on my free time. I just really didn't like her from the moment I met her. Be it jealousy, her jet black hair with green streaks riddled throughout it, the way she speaks, or the way she talks but whenever I saw her it sent a chill up my spine as you would get when you know troubles coming. But then again, it could’ve just been out of the sheer fact that she kissed my boyfriend.  I still wasn’t completely over the fact that he hid it from me for over a month before telling me. And when he finally did it was over the phone. I mean really, who tells their girlfriend over the phone that they kissed another girl. It was my own fault I suppose, I always suspected that she had her beady little eyes set on getting her claws into him, I just didn’t expect her to be so bold as to actually kiss him. And to think that, I trusted him to go on a “business” trip with just him and her and this is what happens. But enough of thinking about her, she’s taken up more than enough time on my mind already, besides I should be getting  primped and groomed for the party tonight. Luke said he has a surprise for me; I think he’s gonna take me on a trip to cancun, I’ve always wanted to go there since I first graduated from college.