Chapter One: Check!

November, 2021

Why does this happen? Whenever he's around, I feel a change. My smile shifts when he’s present. Shouldn't I despise him? Shouldn't my heart remain unburdened in his presence? Shouldn't I be indifferent toward him? Why do these feelings overwhelm me?

After the presidential interview wrapped up at 7:30 in Batangas, Leni made her way directly to the hotel where all the presidential hopefuls were set to stay. Little did they know, they would be sharing the same room—a rather awkward situation, you might say.

Unable to change the circumstances and too exhausted to fuss, Leni headed straight to room 436 and opened the door. Manny was there, taking off his shoes, clearly preparing for some much-needed rest.

"Kanina ka pa dito?" she asked him, more out of politeness than curiosity.

"Hindi naman po, medyo kakarating ko lang," he replied courteously, aware he was speaking to the Vice President of the Philippines.

Leni simply nodded and began to settle in herself. Just as she was about to enter the room, the bathroom door swung open, and out came Isko, dripping wet, clad only in a towel around his waist. He locked eyes with Leni for a solid ten seconds before the reality of his situation hit him.

Quickly retreating back to the bathroom, he muttered, “Sorry po ma'am, di ko naman po alam na nandiyan kayo.” His voice was filled with embarrassment.

“No, it’s okay. Don’t apologize. It wasn’t your fault,” Leni reassured him, walking into the room to organize her things.

Meanwhile, Isko stayed holed up in the bathroom, too mortified to come out. “Hoy! Manny! Nandyan ka ba?” he called out, desperate for some support.

"Bakit?" Manny responded, now done with his shoes and ready to climb into bed.

“Kuhanin mo naman yung damit ko oh!” Isko called out as he emerged from the bathroom. Manny promptly retrieved the white shirt and black pajamas from the bed, passing them over to Isko. A casual glance from Isko caught Leni and Manny watching him intently.

“Bakit?” Isko inquired, but Leni and Manny carried on with their tasks without answering his question.

"Wait, why do we only have two beds?" Leni suddenly realized the lodging arrangements, noting that there were five people sharing the room.

“Hindi namin alam.” Isko shrugged, towel-drying his hair after his shower.

"Where will the four of you sleep?" Leni questioned Isko, anticipating that she would be allocated a separate sleeping space due to her gender.

“Papag-usapan namin pag nandito na sina Lolo P at si Bongets.” Isko responded, causing Leni to furrow her brow in confusion.

"Who are Lolo P and Bongets? Are you on something?" Leni prodded Isko jokingly, her curiosity piqued.

“Si Ping at si Bongbong, hindi mo ba alam? Grabe ka naman! yung nickname ng ka-loveteam mo di mo alam.” Isko teased with a grin, catching Leni off guard.

Loveteam? Leni blushed at the revelation, feeling a mix of surprise and delight at Isko's insinuation.

“Luh, kinikilig ka naman. Totoo nga sabi nila.” Isko remarked as he ran a comb through his hair, provoking a smile from Leni.

"What are they saying?" Leni inquired, still flushing with embarrassment but eager to know more.

“Na-bagay kayo, Bongleni shipper kaya ako.” Isko admitted with a chuckle, revealing his penchant for the hypothetical romance between Bongbong and Leni.