Chapter One

I'm sitting up in bed, it's midnight and I can't sleep...I haven't felt inspired for a long time to write anything. I have lots of ideas, but as soon as I dream them up I shoot them down because I can't seem to bring them to life. I decided to keep an online journal instead, it might not be as sacred as a physical journal with a padlock and key but it's better than nothing.

Cassie, my sister is not in her bed in the room we share, she snuck out somewhere, I know better than to ask her where she is going. She usually snaps at me and tells me to mind my own business so that's what I do. I feel like Cassie shuts me out, she isn't interested in a relationship with me and even though I get it I still feel sad about it.

Cassie is the golden girl at our school East Highland, blonde, beautiful and busty like a young Pamela Anderson. I'm sure if this was the 90's and Cassie was famous like Pamela Anderson boys will have her posters plastered all over their walls. Now, we have Instagram where boys can like her pictures hundreds of times and they can slide into her DM's leaving perverted messages like "I want to titty fuck you"...everything was better before social media.

My point is that I couldn't be any more different from my sister, I'm not popular with a hot body. I'm introverted and brunette...I don't get up at 4am just to spend hours getting ready for school. I don't want to be known for my body or for how many provocative outfits I can wear in a week. I have seen how boys take advantage of girls when they look like a walking, talking barbie doll. I want to be known for my mind and soul but that's hard to do when I live in my sisters shadow...I'm Cassie's little sister and never just Lexi.

The only person who saw the real me was my friend Rue, she is tall and with long curls and dresses in baggy clothes. She was the first person who didn't make me feel like I was invisible. We used to be so close but her dad passed away and the grief made her turn to drugs to cope. I think a lot of people see Rue as a crackhead who does this to herself for the hell of it. No one turns to drugs for no reason, there's always a reason. What makes a crackhead a crackhead, right?. It's the same for dealers too, what makes a dealer a dealer?.

Anyway I'm going to turn in for the night, I will write again soon,