VERA LYNN

Vera Lynn was born 20th march,1917 in east ham London. she lived with her parents (Annie and Bertram welch) and her brother(roger welch). Vera Lynn's birth name was Vera Margaret Welch.

   in 1919, vera was ill with croup(a really bad cough) and almost died. she was sent to isolation unit. Three months later she left the isolation unit. At the age of seven, Vera Lynn sang in men's clubs and soon became the family's tax payer. For her education she went to Brampton. Brampton was an infant, primary and secondary school. Later on vera Lynn abandoned school for singing which became her full time career. At the age of sixteen, she became a soloist and fronted a number of bands.

  Later on in her life, she sang with the Joe Loss Orchestra and led them to a regular radio appearances. In 1939, a poll was made by Daily Express and she gained the nickname: Forces sweetheart. In 1940, she married a musician: Harry lewis. Later they had a daughter named Virginia Penelope Anne Lewis. Sadly six decades after Vera and Harry married Harry died. Vera was given her own radio programme. In 1952, she had a number one hit with the song: Auf Wierdersehen, sweetheart. Sadly, she died on June 18th 2020.

(A.N. thanks for reading !!! Just so you know i wrote this in year 6 soo it might be a bit bad. Also this is my first ever story.)