escaping the snakes grasp

Knock
Knock

The door was vibrating from the vicious pounding, a snake like man standing at the door waiting for the moment it opens. People knew not to try and interfere with him when he's on a mission somewhere, especially if he's after someone.
"I have the key you asked for." A small petite lady. She looked basic, minus her purple hair and her ability.

The big brute snake like man jerked the key out of her hands and forcefully slammed the key in the door.
Rattle
Rattle
Crack
Snap

Those sounds over
And over
And over....

You on the other hand were already packing you bag leaving all of the destroyed be on savior dresses. You and Eri woke up earlier And ate the leftovers. They weren't as fresh and as delicious. Still, they were edible and, they were filling.
You had everything packed up, sliding the back pack onto you. You grabbed Eri and we're ready to book it.
The door flung open with enough force to break a brick wall down. You froze, but moving, hiding. You just needed to hide a bit longer until...NOW
You ran out of you hiding spot booking down the stairs and out the door
with Eri clinging onto you. Taking a sharp left you ran into the stables and grabbed your horse. You put eri on first to keep her between you and the horses neck. You jumped on and jerked the reigns. As if on que the strong bold stallion ran past the snake like man. And for a second you felt dead, stone cold, frozen and lifeless. You snapped out of the trance from hearing eri whoop and Hollar about the great escape you accomplished. Smiling you patted the top of her head and rode in down the dirt path, who knows what will happen next.