Trapped worshipper

The white curtains were seen dancing to the wind in a petrified manner. The room was already dark and only a torch from any source will solve the profane darkness because there was a sudden power outage throughout the city that night. The clock on the wall hit a PM, 8:00 and made a somewhat loud startling noise. Three of them stood in the room with their phone torches pointed at one part or the other of the room. All detectives but only two were still rookies.

(The alarmed clock kept ringing, 8:05 pm) "Lexie do me a favour by unpacking the clock's battery" ordered Gabriel, popularly called Gab. He was not the only one who got pissed by the sounding alarm of the clock. They had run from their car to the last floor where the emergency called.

"What about the body?" Asked Denver, Lexie's co-rookie. Then it was a false alarm don't you think?" He added. Gab was still observing the room when he saw the bottles of propofol scattered underneath the bed.." found something" he said in a quiet settled voice. "Lexie, anything?" At that time Lexie was only staring at a typewriter and she made a closer look by rolling it and found a torn-out sheet with words written in it already.

"Tonight makes the day I come out this, I can't go on forever but he made me into this. I hate my diary, it makes me hate my head. That's why I don't have a book for that. I rather had it on my phone but it's still hard and I love the way it's hard. Can I make it tonight? I hate myself so much. I'll go ...."

That was where the torn piece ended. "What do you think Gab? I just found a clue.. she continued, seems she's an addict but what brought about the emergency?"  "The call I guess should have been a neighbour but there was no jump or mishandling, there was no.."there was" shouted Denver the emergency call came from the room's Red button" he added, "it's a hotel for crying out loud but the strap of clothe at the door side should tell something." "The victim has been kidnapped" Gab added as he made a nervous roundabout in the room. "Why are just figuring this out now"!!!! He screamed.

"Dispatch, this is Unit 123. The missing person is last seen at her lodging on Oak Street. Time unknown and no witnesses around. Identity is a female. We have a description and photo of her that we can provide. Over."  Said Gab over the radio.  "(Static voice over the receiving end of the radio and then a clear response followed after) Copy!" 

The hotel had no lift and this made it a more critical situation.  While running down the stairs Denver threw sporadic questions to his co-partner and Gab if he was not already left breathless from running down the stairs. It was more of a rhetorical question. "He can't possibly have dragged her down through all these stairs?" damn! He said as he reached the last stairs.

"Now Denver, hop in and let's find out already," said Lexie, annoyingly.