Sajaunga lutkar bhi tere badan ki daali ko

Title is a remix of an old song 'Chura liya hai tumne jo dil ko'

Maybe it was her determination, or her strong willpower or the strength to endure every pain bravely, maybe the surge of anticipation at what Harmeet had said, or her optimism... or it was the pure love that Sameer showered on her... Naina's incision healed faster than Harmeet had expected. When she went to see him in hospital on third day of her surgery, he told her the cut had already started to dry up. Sameer asked if needed they could prolong their stay.

Harmeet smiled fondly at him, "Aap dono jab tak chahe yahan reh sakte ho. Naina apne bhai ke ghar aayi hai, aap logon ke yahan rehne se hum sabko bohot khushi hogi. Lekin agar aap apni stay sirf operation ki wajah se badha rahe ho, toh required nahi hai." He looked at Naina, "Ab pain kam ho gaya hoga?"

When she nodded, he carried on, "I must say, tum bohot strong ho, aur positive bhi. Dekho Naina, yeh toh ek chota sa cut tha, ek do hafte baad iska nishan tak nahi rahega. Lekin tumhare andar ki condition thodi complicated thi. Main sirf itna kahunga, aise hi strong aur positive rehna. Don't lose hope. Time kaafi lagega heal hone mein... kitna, yeh main abhi nahi keh sakta. Main tumhe Delhi ke doctor ka reference dunga, kareeb six months ke baad ek ultrasound karwana aur mujhe reports bhejna. Usse pata chalega ki iss procedure aur medicines ka kitna effect tumhari body ne accept kiya hai."

His words made Sameer wonder yet again if they had done the right thing. Naina had, till now, accepted her situation. But since last three days, he could see the sparkle in her eyes as she clung on to one feeble ray of hope. If...

His heart sank to even think about the scenario if her anticipation did not bear any result. He had brought her broken self out of a deep abyss... he couldn't see her fall into same darkness again. He didn't want her to suffer from new disappointments. She had been hurt by life's curveballs enough. His Naina did not deserve more torment. She had borne everything with great fortitude, but what if this turned out to be the last straw.

Back at home, he stood near the window, his arms crossed against his chest, still lost in same thoughts when soft arms went around him from behind.

"Mujhe pata hai Sameer tum kya soch rahe ho." Naina mumbled, resting her head between his shoulders.

He gulped. Showing his fears to her was never his intention. He placed his hands over hers, bringing a smile on his face, "Main soch raha hun iss ek trip ne hamare liye kitna kuch badal diya."

"Kya tumhe bhi badal diya?" Her voice was faint, with a tinge of nervousness.

Unfolding her hands from his waist, he turned to face her. There was a profusion of varied sentiments in her eyes. He felt helpless for once. Ever since he had inferred the pain in her eyes a year back, all he wanted was to erase it. Today, her eyes again showed incertitude.

"Chalo." He stepped away, held her hand and walked out of the room. She looked at him curiously, but followed without any question. He led her up the stairs, to the terrace they had been to the other night. It wasn't dark yet. When they went ahead, they noticed a small low bench, made of stone at the other end of the terrace. Probably that was the place Harmeet was seated that night.

Settling down on it with her beside him, he asked, "Tumhe lagta hai main badal gaya hun?"

"Haan."

Her reply made him look sharply at her.

Naina smiled, "Badal gaye ho kyonki apne andar ke darr ko mere saath share nahi kar rahe."

He felt the strings of his heart snap. It was her who was going through physical pain because of surgery, because of her system again taking the onslaught of medical procedures... yet she was able to read his suspicion.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें