1.29 𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖸 𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖸 𝖲𝖳𝖠𝖸

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Are you sure I can't just go to the game?" Olive asks Derek from the floor of the old Hale house as he flips through various books.

"No," He turned to her, shutting his book and crossing his arms. "You heard Gerard, he knows you're alive which, if you haven't gathered, isn't a good thing. All of us, but especially you, need to stay hidden until we have a plan."

"But it's the championships, Derek, this is like the most important game of my life!"

"Olly, you don't even play-"

"Details!" She waved him off and he rolled his eyes. "I basically wrote half the plays in that book, I need to be there."

Before Derek could answer, Erica and Boyd walked in with somber looks on their faces. Olive's face immediately fell and Derek tensed up, nodding as they reached the doorway.

"You've decided," Derek stated and they both nodded. "When?"

"Tonight, everybody will be at the game," Boyd says and Derek nodded.

"Not me," Olive pushed back her cuticles and Derek glared at her.

"It's not like we want to," Erica said from beside Boyd and Olive smiled sadly.

"What do you want?" Derek asked, tilting his head.

"Well, since I just turned sixteen I'd like to get my license, can't really do that if I'm dead can I?" She tilts her head and Derek tenses up again.

"I told you about the consequences-"

"Yeah, but you didn't say it would be like this!" Boyd exclaimed and Olive felt tears spring to her eyes. They really were leaving.

"Yeah, but I told you how to survive-- you do it as a pack. And you're not a pack without an Alpha," Derek shifted his weight on his feet, trying to hide his disappointment with a hard exterior.

"We know," Boyd shrugged and Derek raised his eyebrows.

"You wanna look for another pack?" Erica and Boyd shared a look and both nodded and Derek scoffed. "How do you think you're going to do that?"

"We think we already did."

"Like, all of a sudden, we heard all this howling. It was unbelievable," Erica smiled and Boyd nodded.

"There must have been a dozen of them-"

"Maybe more!" She interrupted him, her excitement taking over. Olive smiled slightly and then looked at Derek who was shaking his head.

"Yeah, or maybe only two. You know what the Beau Geste effect is? If they modulate their howls with a rapid shift in tone, two wolves can sound like twenty," He scoffed and Erica and Boyd's faces fell.