Safe Travels

I grew up in Marley. I lived with my younger sister, and both my parents. There was quite an age gap between us. A whole 7 years. Yet I still did my duty as an older sibling. Protect her no matter what. Especially because we were Eldians living in Marley. My father was a warrior, he never wanted to become one. He just needed to protect us. Despite our discrimination, my sister always tried to find the good in people. She had a kind soul, but I guess that's what hurt her the most. That's what led her to become a warrior. I hated her for what she did, well I loved her so much but I knew I couldn't protect her. She was so young the thought of her being exposed to the violence hurt me. I was a warrior, like her. I knew what it was like out there. I've seen death and a lot of it. I never wanted for her too see the same. The general was nice enough to dismiss me to complete my studies. I guess most people don't see Eldians the same as they used to.

I'm now getting ready to depart. I'm heading to Paradis to go to University. There isn't many good Universities in Marley if not they're reserved for the people of Marley. The don't usually accept Eldians. So I decided it was the best decision for me to get the education I wanted and needed. Turns out I wasn't the only one who was heading to Paradis. I met this girl her name was Pieck. She told me that she used to be warrior and that she got dismissed because of an injury. I felt bad for her she only wanted the best for her family, like all other Eldians. The world has made so much progress yet were stuck here on Marley with all these new tech and we still have warriors as young as 11. We're still discriminated against. She told me she didn't recognise me, well if I'm being honest I didn't really recognise her either. I mean I've heard the name just never really seen her.

My sister full on sprinted at me, pulling me into a tight hug. ''I'm gonna miss you.'' She cried. ''I'm gonna miss you too, just do me a favour... be in a good condition when I get back.'' I hugged her back. I looked up and saw my mother stood with my father. I stopped hugging my sister and walked over to my parents. My mother tried to hold back her tears. ''You're gonna do so well Sweetheart, we're all going to miss you.'' You smiled at her and pulled her into a hug. ''Thanks mum.'' ''We're so proud of you kid, so don't going ruining that by partying all the time.'' My father laughed. ''No promises.'' You laughed with him. He hugged you and said ''Have a safe travel and call us when you get there.'' I nodded at went back over to my sister and kissed her forehead. ''I'll be back before you know it.'' I smiled gently. With that I walked away, despising the journey up ahead.