New Beginnings, New Trouble

South Korea isn't new to you. In fact, you used to live there for a few years in your childhood.
But you're not a child anymore. You're 18, and due to a last minute job offer that your mom decided to take up, you're now finishing your last year of high-school in Seoul.

Friday night POV

Due to your lack of friends (probably due to your terrible social skills) at your last school, your mom has recently been encouraging you to leave the house and explore the city, considering you're "old enough now".

Seoul is a lively place at night, especially on a Friday night, which means in most peoples case, Friday night is a good time to meet new people and experience Seouls nightlife. And despite not really having much of an interest in what your previous city's people had to offer at night, you decided (your mother pressured you into*) that it might be time that you took advantage of this opportunity to meet new people before school started again.

It's only 7pm. Despite your moms offer to drive you to your desired destination, you decide that it's time to take matters into your own hands and leave it up to yourself to get you where you need to be.

A cafe. Open late enough to be considered a restaurant by some, but not enough variety to truly be a restaurant. You know it's an abstract choice to enjoy the night, but it's the most suited option for your introverted personality (or so you call it..). The foods good and so is the wifi, what more could you ask for?
And to celebrate your newfound independence, you order yourself a serving of tteokbokki.

Before long, the moon has already settled, and it's 9pm. Even though you're old enough to not have a curfew anymore, you still feel quite devious staying out this late, even if it's a Friday.

A hot waiter approached your table. "I hope you know this cafe closes at 9:30, so you'll have to leave soon". You'd been here for almost 2 hours already, so your heart wouldn't ache from leaving now. "I see, thank you" you reply with a warm smile, a layer of rosy blush spreading across your cheeks as you realise you've been making eye contact with the waiter this whole time.

You're barely out the door when a loud crash rings through the street. Turning your attention to the direction of which it's coming from, you notice the silhouettes of a few figures moving around rapidly. Although you're aware that it probably isn't the best idea, you decide to investigate further. You walk towards the sound and the shadows and find yourself face to face with a tall, tattooed, buff man with a buzz cut. Slowly, he looks you up and down. Blood runs from his lip which is completely busted. A smile creeps across his face, which soon turns into a disgusting grin.

"Well look what we have here" he purrs. You back away, questioning as to why you had decided to come here. You should know better, of course there's dangerous people in the street at night.

At this point in time, you're now backed up against a brick wall. Other men block the exit to the alleyway. Closing your eyes, you brace yourself for whatever punishment is to come your way.

Just as you feel the man's hand rest on your shoulder, you feel a jolt as his hand is pulled away at rapid speed. Daring to open your eyes, you see that the man who was 2 seconds ago, hovering over you is now out cold on the floor.

A tall, muscular boy with a light coloured mullet stands over the unconscious bodies of the "street gang". He turns to look at you. Frozen in place, all you can do is stare back at him in fear. He scoffs and bends down so that his eyes and your eyes are at the same level.

Half stretching his leg, and half trying to speak to you he mutters "Well? Where's my thank you?" Still in shock from the previous events, you manage to choke out a quiet "Thank you sir" He laughs again. Did you say something funny? "Sir?" he laughs, and then turns away. "See you around" he says, and flicks a subtle wave as he walks off, out of the moonlit street. Who was that.. your mind starts to wander.

10:00pm. Not late in most peoples opinions but for you, after a night like that, you think it's time to catch up on your beauty sleep and head home.

~~ Author note ~~
If this gets to 3 votes I'll post a second chapter :))