chapter 1

As he flicked through the Mail, a small, handwritten envelope caught his attention, and his heart began to thump. It was a letter from his mother who he hasn't talked to in years. what was this about what could be so important that she had to send a letter? She was a woman that held grudges and after how they left things, he doubts that she wants to talk. He has no idea what she would need that was so important that she had to send a letter and not call. If it was not important, he would have burned the letter after realizing who it was from but as he read through the letter it seems that his father had become severely ill and was on the verge of death. That was a good enough reason for her to write to him but his sister dying wasn’t. His had been murdered one year to this day which made him have doubts that this was his father just being ill. He also highly doubted his that his gold-digger mother actually cared for his father. At this point he was remembering why he left his hometown. That was the only way to get away from the witch that was his mother and even after leaving she still thought she could control him. At this moment he realized he was starting to tear up at the thought of even having to go back after all the verbal and mental abuse he had to endure. Slowly those thoughts flooded his brain making it hard to hold back the tears all the thoughts of 19 years of abuse coming back to haunt him. After letting all the tears out, he knew what he had to do but that means facing his fear of his mother and what she has done to him.

1week later.
Here he is on the train on his way back to his hometown. He has no idea where he’s going to go or what he’s going to do when he gets there all he does know is he’s going to see he’s father and get the truth from him knowing that this wasn’t just some illness but a possible poisoning that was meant to kill his father. On the train ride there he thought of ways to get his mother to leave his father’s hospital room so he could talk to his father alone and get the real story and not the one that his lying mother gave him in the letter he got a week ago.

2 hours later 
Here he was standing on the train station platform about to walk into the town. Still not knowing where to go or what to do he just started walking hoping to find an old friend that he could stay with for the time being not wanting to see his mother at the moment. Knowing the moment, he sees her face that he’ll become furious and yell at her which he doesn’t need right now.

1 hour later
Here he is at a bar that an old friend owns drink a glass of whiskey waiting on that same friend to clock-out and lock up. Ash was the friends name and he had agreed to let him stay at his house until he was ready to see and talk to his mother again.  They walked to ash’s apartment about a block or 2 from the bar once there he unpacked his suitcase in the empty room ash had set him up in. Once done he went down to the Livingroom where he found ash reading the paper. Walking over to ash he says, “hey ash anything good in the paper this evening?” Ash replies with a shack of the head tell him no with that he walked back up the stairs to his temporary room going to bed so he can get up early in the morning to go see his father.

In his dream
“NOOO STOP” the young boy screamed as his mother hit his younger sister again. She had disobeyed their mother when their very much, so drunk mother told her to get her another bottle of wine from the kitchen. When his mother was drunk, she didn’t put up with them saying no and this got them both in trouble plenty of times, but this time had been really bad she grabbed the big wooden spoon that she used to beat them with and started yelling how she was going to kill them both. They both started running trying to get some distance between them and her but that didn’t last his sister had tripped going up the stairs and their mother got her hitting her without any remorse. At one point she hit her so hard the spoon broke but that didn’t stop her from continuing with her hand.