Mom..? Dad.....?

- 05:00am

A young boy named Tom woke up due to the intense shaking he felt, "Wake up, sleepy head, your dear mom and dad are gonna leave soon ," his mom said while picking up his toys on the floor. He instantly got up and just sat there, staring at his mum for a few seconds, still syncing himself with the world. "What time is it... ," he finally said as he got off and wore his slippers, dragging his feet to her. "Ah, you're finally awake", she said while turning around. "It's five past four now, you can sleep again later, but at least see us out beforehand ," she continued. He nodded and went to the bathroom to wash his face.

His father greeted him as he walked by, "Morning lad, I'm sorry you've gotta get up this early just because of this", his father said as he fixed his tie, still looking at the mirror. "Morning pops, it's fine, I'm used to it now..." He poured himself a warm cup of milk, "So, how long is it gonna be this time? ," he asked quietly, "I'm not sure yet, they did say this trip would take longer than usual, maybe two to three weeks or so ," his father replied and sighed. "That's fine... I mean, I could always sleep over at aunt Jenny's, she's just down by the street. Don't forget to bring me some souvenirs when you come back, promise? ," he said with a small, playful smile. He knows they always get him something, even if he didn't ask, but he still mentions it anyway. "Alright, alright, Promise", his father said while chuckling.

- 05.30am

His parents are about to take their leave, they're at the doorstep. "Goodbye sweetheart, mom and dad will be home as soon as we can ," his mom said as she kissed his forehead lightly, " Yeah, I'm gonna miss you mom, and you too, dad ." Before stepping out, his dad said, " Would you like us to call you when were on our way back? ." "Sure! And call me when you're close to home too!", Tom exclaimed, smiling ever so widely, excited for the day they'd return. "Alright, alright, I'll be going now, take care young man ," His dad said as he stepped outside, giving him the last ruffle. They left. "Should I go back to bed now...? ," Tom said as He walked along the halls to his bedroom. He tucked himself in bed and went back to sleep.

- 09.30  (Two weeks later, Thursday)

The home phone rang and he immediately picked it up. "Hey s-sweetheart, we're heading h-home now, we're going to boar-rd the 1210 Plane, be home in a two hours-s! ," the static voice of his mother was heard. He was so happy they're going to be back soon. He decided to watch TV while waiting, he thought, "A few hours should fly by fast if I have something to distract me" 

Two and a half hours in, his parents haven't called again. He was bored of the kids' movie shows so he changed channels and opened the news by accident and to his surprise... He heard a devastating news, " 1210 Plane has crashed on the airport landing site, we have found a few survivors, hopefully, some will give some light to the situation. "

SV1: "I-I shouldn't have boarded this plane! My husband is now... *crying noises* No..."

SV2: " LEAVE ME ALONE! DON'T TOUCH ME! GO AWAY! "

SV3: "The.. the engines went out and.. and.. I-" 

"That is all for now. The crew are still searching for other survivors, we will be back in a while, stay tuned". He closed the TV in shock and started sobbing and crying more than he ever had. "No... Mom... Dad... Please... ," he weakly said, still not believing the plane his parents boarded crashed... fifteen minutes of weeping passed. He was snorting his nose and then, the phone rang .