[2016] First Day at The Training Center

Sunny was anxious knowing that Yong-joo and Bomi are going to school that morning

Sunny was anxious knowing that Yong-joo and Bomi are going to school that morning. And three of the older female trainees are not going to school. They dropped.

Min-kyung came to pick them up to go to the training center around 8 am and they acted really kind towards Sunny.

When they arrive at the training center, Min-kyung asked Sunny to follow her to the Trainee's Manager to get evaluated again. Sunny was ready for this since she was already informed about this earlier on.

Sunny was brought to a dance practice room where another few female trainees were also getting evaluated

Sunny was brought to a dance practice room where another few female trainees were also getting evaluated. There were four judges seated in the front to judge the trainee's performance.

One of them was the CEO of Big Hit Entertainment himself, Bang Si-Hyuk.

Sunny silently sat beside a trainee who was also waiting for her turn. They silently exchange bows and smile. Sunny watches in anxiousness. She felt really nervous after seeing how talented the other trainees are. They are so good at dancing and Sunny, was a beginner.

When it was Sunny's turn, she stood up and walk to the center of the room.

"What is your name?" the female judge asked her in English.

"Sunny. Sunny Julie James," she replies.

"Oh, you're Sunny?" Bang Si-hyuk asks in surprise and Sunny responded with a nod.

"Oh, nice to meet you! I'm really glad you came," the CEO replied.

Sunny smiled and bowed, "Thank you."

"So, you're from Malaysia?" one of the judges asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Yes." Sunny nodded.

"Can you speak Korean?" The female judge asked her.

"Yes." Sunny nodded once more.

"That is good. Since this is your first time, we would like to evaluate you in terms of vocal, rap and dance. Did you come prepared?" the judges asked.

"Yes. I will try my best." Sunny nodded.

The judges nodded and smiled, "Alright then. You can start when you're ready."

And so, Sunny did her part. She sang the best she could. She raps the best she could and dance the best she could. The judges were surprised to see that Sunny will be starting from the beginning.

She has no control of her voice. She can't rap. But she can dance. She's flexible and history said that she can ice skate. That means, she has a sense of rhythm and she can dance.

Even so, she was placed at the bottom. Learning from the beginning.

Vocal classes, of course. Dance classes, of course. Hip hop classes, of course. She will have to start from the root and yes, she was ready for it. Start from the root.

⎯⎯ 🌻⎯⎯

After vocal classes for 3 hours, it was lunchtime and Sunny went to the cafeteria. She did not make any friends because she remained to not speak in Korean, making it impossible for lots of trainees to communicate with her. But she didn't mind.

She can easily make her way to the cafeteria without anyone's help because she can read in Korean too. She can read the signboards.

During lunchtime, she ate by herself and just scroll through her phone during lunchtime.

After lunchtime, her schedule continues with dance classes which were pretty intense. Well, honestly, everything was pretty intense since it was her first-time experiencing everything.

But she silently wished she has friends to talk to.

The first day of training was truly exhausting. Really exhausting.

But still, she thinks positively. Tries her best to think positively in everything that she does which she finds hard or exhausting.

That was basically it.