I Can't Loose You

*EPISODE 114*

Teri Dhadkano Se Hai Zindagi Meri
Khwahishein Teri Ab Duaaein Meri
Kitna Anokha Bandhan Hai Ye
Teri Meri Jaan Jo Ek Hui
Lotunga Yahaan Tere Paas Main Haan
Waada Hai Mera Mar Bhi Jaaun Kahin
Jo Tu Mera Humdard Hai

Perfectly apt lyrics for this moment - this scene.....!

This scene...this 70 second scene is a movie in itself - 

A masterclass in drama, passion, intensity, and love! And Nakuul is both the teacher & the best student!

You know that moment when your heart lurches in fear - when your kid is really sick, when your spouse isn't home late night & isn't taking your call, when someone you love is in some kind of danger & u have this gnawing, sinking feeling in your heart that your world will come crashing down if anything should happen to them?

These emotions were so aptly & strongly portrayed by Nakuul that I was moved to tears. Not only could we see & sense his emotions, we could feel them. His firm voice was shaking, his deep blue azure eyes were dim & teary & his entire body was trembling. It was the condition of a man whose world seemed to be coming crashing down & whose heart had almost stopped beating.

He was angry with Priya - angry that she wasn't confiding in him, angry that she told him not to come to Lohri party, angry that she seemed to be stepping back from the relationship when he wanted to take steps towards her & bridge the gap between them. He was driving in anger to meet her at Lohri party & then suddenly in the middle of nowhere he saw her. & what happened after that was like a nightmare.

He couldn't process or understand what had happened but he didn't care. His anger & annoyance completely forgotten for the moment - he just rushes maniacally to save her. He doesn't care what it is going to take - his only thought is that he wants to pull his wife to safety. & he does - but then he sees her eyes close, & her body non responsive.  

I loved the entire dialogue & the effort that he tries to make to reassure her, to reassure himself & to bring her back to conscious. He pleads with her, reassures her that she will be fine - that he is there for her, then he pulls her close to his heart & holds her there tight - like leaving her would be like letting her go, like keeping her close to his heart would keep her heart beating as well.
& then he recalls the saddest moment of his life so far - him losing his father - the one person who meant the world to him, who was his everything - whose death left a void in his heart & life which nobody could fill. Until, unknown to him Priya started to. & he realised that when he thought he was going to lose her - & impulsively the words slipped out of his mouth - with passion, with intention, with intensity - LOUD & CLEAR -

"Aankhein kholo Priya main tumhe kho nahi sakta,
Main tumhe kho nahi sakta Priya main tumse pyaar karta hu!
I LOVE YOU!!"

& then he repeated softly, tearfully - maybe to ensure that it reached Priya's ears, her subconscious and brought her back to him -

"Priya I love you!"
He tells her of the time he lost his father & tells her he won't let history repeat. It was his way of reassuring himself that he can't let anything happen to one more person who meant the world to him. He reminded her of the promise he had made to her when they got married, that 'He would Never Let Her Go'. He pleaded with her to not leave him, pleaded with her to say something & then his last resort - that sweet kiss on her forehead - as if he was trying to breathe in life back into her through it.

A kiss full of intensity & emotion; that signified love, care & protection !

And then she came to conscious - barely whispered her first words - "Mr. Kapoor". But he heard them!

And those words were magic to his ears. Immense relief washed over his face, his eyes started to get back their sparkle as he looked at her & kept looking as if to convince himself that she is indeed alive & conscious, that he hasn't lost her, that his Priya is still with him!

I can watch this scene multiple times without getting tired & each time I watch it I have goosebumps by the intensity & feeling through which this scene has been enacted. Salute to these actors who bring these characters to life  & for this scene - it's like they haven't acted but they have actually lived this scene. & maybe that's why they could make us live this scene - through them.

This was just how i felt during this episode

*EPISODE 114*

Do say in the comments how it is and if I can write more scenes like this

*****