1

0:03 ━━━━⬤─────── 04:49

When I'm away from you

I'm happier than ever

Wish I could explain it better

I wish it wasn't true

Tommy hadn't meant for it to happen but the feeling of relief while making supply runs or working alone with Techno was still there. The moment Wilbur left a room he could loosen up, try to relax before something else went wrong.

Give me a day or two to think of something clever

To write myself a letter

To tell me what to do, mm-mm

Do you read my interviews?

Or do you skip my avenue?

When you said you were passin' through

Was I even on your way?

I knew when I asked you to

Be cool about what I was tellin' you

You'd do the opposite of what you said you'd do 

And I'd end up more afraid

Don't say it isn't fair

You clearly werеn't aware that you made me misеrable

So if you really wanna know

Tommy hated being the one to bring news about the war to Wilbur, hated seeing his brother get mad and lash out at him. He would sit by and take it, fearing that he could get himself in trouble if he spoke up. Wilbur was known for having a dangerous temper and taking it out on the closet's person, normally that being Tommy.

When I'm away from you 

I'm happier than ever 

Wish I could explain it better

I wish it wasn't true, mm-mm

It started getting worse. Tommy couldn't relax unless Wilbur was away, out of the room. Even when the brothers weren't talked about the war, the idea of messing up and pissing off his brother, their leader, his hero, made him cower. He had told Tubbo, which caused his friend to try to get Tommy away from Wilbur whenever he could. They both could see Wilbur getting consumed with his work, losing himself in the process.

You call me again, drunk in your Benz

Drivin' home under the influence

You scared me to death, but I'm wastin' my breath

'Cause you only listen to your fuckin' friends

I don't relate to you

I don't relate to you, no

'Cause I'd never treat me this shitty

You made me hate this city

Wilbur had started drinking again, ignoring the worried glances from their father and brother. The alcohol would fuel his rage, making the words his spit worse. Still, Tommy didn't speak up, fearing losing his spot in the ranks or even his home. Wilbur had taught him to hate L'Manburg, hate the war they fought and how they fought it.

And I don't talk shit about you on the internet

Never told anyone anything bad

So don't waste the time I don't have

Tommy had lost the admiration of his brother, losing the spark in his eyes when talking about him. Instead, it was replaced with judgment and hurt. He had his own thoughts and ideas yet Wilbur shoved them to the side, claiming he was a kid and didn't know shit about war. He ignored his pleas of trying to slow down, to think things through instead of rushing into war with a head full of anger.

Made all my moments your own

Just fuckin' leave me alone

Wilbur took credit for every idea or accomplishment Tommy made, trying to appeal to people that encourage the ideas Wilbur had taken up. When Phil had pointed out the path Wilbur was leading himself down, he lashed out. Claiming that his family just didn't get it. Didn't get the fact that he had poured everything into this war and had gotten nothing back. He tore apart their family, pushing their father away and shoving Tommy into any job he could find.

AN:
Hey! Thank you for reading! If you have any requests I wouldn't mind hearing them! <3

🎉 You've finished reading ʜᴀᴘᴘɪᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀ || ᴄʀɪᴍᴇʙᴏʏꜱ ꜰɪᴄ 🎉