The 365 Jar

Today's weather was a mixture of rain and wind. Looking outside the window, I could see the grey clouds move across the sky as everything seemed dull. I didn't mind the weather though as I was inside my cosy apartment but I did miss Calum, my boyfriend. He was in France on international duty meaning I wouldn't get to see him till next week.

I spotted the Mason jar on my bedside table as I walked over to take out a note. As I thought back to the day, I had received it.

*flashback*

It had been a crazy couple of weeks. A very disappointing couple of weeks just to be clear. Firstly my laptop had crashed meaning I lost all my designs, meaning I had to then spend an entire night drawing again only to get rejected by the clients. Then I had to cancel my weekend away to Amsterdam because my best friend decided to cancel on me, and then my sister phoned to ask if I would mind stepping down as her maid of honour. Like really, after I finish help her with everything and to top it all off, Calum’s crazy ex-girlfriend was trying to break us up by spreading fake rumours about me. I just wanted to sleep for the next 30days, dramatic I know.

I flopped down on the couch, I was extremely tired. I needed like a power nap from now till next month. Just then Calum walked in.

"You're home early babe." he said, kissing my forehead before sitting down.

"Yeah, I just need to sleep." I said.

"Well your sleep needs to wait for a while."

"Why?" I asked completely taken aback.

I never had to postpone my sleep plans.

“Because I have something for you." he said coyly.

That peaked my interest. “What is it?" I. Asked him.

"Just sit here, I’ll be back." he said before leaving to the other. Room.

Okay so now I was interested in what this something could be.

He came back a minute later with a jar in his hand.

"You got me a jar?" I questioned him.

"No wait hold on." He said before placing himself in front of me.

"Okay ." he began "so I know that the past few weeks have been really stressful with work and also this whole media thing and I know it's taking a toll on you so I wanted to do something for you." he said bravely at first before taking a shy break.

I smiled at him, he was so adorable.

"So" he began again, looking me in the eye, “I made this." he placed the jar on my lap, I gazed down at it but he lifted my chin up to look. At him.

"In this jar is 365, yes you heard right three hundred and sixty five notes of us. There's a colour scheme indicating which page colour represents what. There's some of your favourite quotes in them, your favourite lyrics, the memories and moments we had and most of all,   there’s notes on why I am absolutely and irrevocably in love with you." he said to me.

This man is fucking adorable.

This was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done to me and I'm pretty sure had small tears in my eyes.  

"I am utterly in love with you." I said to him as I hugged the Mason jar filled with my special notes. 

“I was hoping you'd like It." he said.

"I love it...” I told him.

He lifted his one hand to scratch the back of his neck and I took the opportunity to catch him off guard and kiss him.

*end of flashback*

No-matter what happens that would always remain one of my cherished memories. I picked a note every day since, whether in the morning or evening and it always made me smile or blush. I picked up a note for today and it turned out to be one of the reasons...

‘The way you get so lost in doing your designs. You’re so passionate about it that it just radiates off you and makes you even more beautiful ‘