A Message From The Stars' Sentinel

I stand amidst the dark abyss humans call ‘night sky’—the arch where dreams are made. ‘Tis the pride of heaven. ‘Tis what I call ‘home’. I am infinite. I am immortal. The stars—they glaze the horizon with luminous silver dust. They hear your whispers; your prayers. And your wishes cause the burnish glow of stars. Their sparks are absent without your wishes—it is their fuel; the only thing that keeps them shining; their source of life; their breath. 

I am the stars’ sentinel.  I fight for the night’s sanctuary. I build the force field around your dreams. I place them in the deepest shade of nocturne. I entwined my life in merely safekeeping your ambitions as they await you to reach and come for them—no matter how long it will take you to do so. But our stars are already carrying too much weight. Too much that it has become unbearable. Too much that it makes them almost too dim to be noticed in the dark.

That is not the least of our problems. Endemic objects whose sources are unknown tend to steal the flare of our home. They shower us with black orbs of deviltry that erodes our source of light by time. Eventually, it will result to immeasurable chaos. The luster of our stars is fainting. Needless to say, the stars are dying. The life of the stars isn’t in my hands, it is in yours. It is embedded in the blood of your human race. It is dependent on your small act of bravery.

We are asking for your help.

 No, we are pleading. We are desperate.

Is it too much to ask that you rouse in your deep sleep? Our home is carrying too much weight. In time, the night sky will literally collapse and fall. It will not be long ‘til your world meets the infinite darkness. It’s time that you reach for your stars—your dreams. They’ve waited for so long. In fact, too long. It seems to us that it is the weakness of humanity: you aspire but it ends there. You aspire but you don’t take action. The only way to save both of our worlds is for you to take a stand.