Extra: Festival

The Yunmeng Jiang Clan was known for their beautiful scenery and lovely festivities. Tonight was no exception. Jiang Cheng, courtesy name Jiang Wanyin, stood at the edge of Lotus Pier, watching the light slowly come on, bringing the small city to life. It really had been a hectic few days, and Jiang Cheng had to say he was looking forward to a night of rest. Or he would be, if not for a certain pain in the backside.

"Jiang Chenggg!"

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, Jiang Cheng thought humourlessly. Turning around, he dodged the menace that had just tried to tackle him. The bundle of black and red robes sprawled on the docks, a white robed cultivator not far behind. Wei Ying, courtesy name Wei Wuxian, and Jiang Cheng's adopted brother, grinned up at him from the wooden floor. Jiang Cheng ignored him, earning a pout. Jumping up with what seemed like boundless energy, Wei Wuxian dusted off his robes, red ribbon fluttering in the light breeze.

"I never said you were invited," Jiang Cheng said. "And considering what you said yesterday, I don't really want to talk to you."

"That's so mean," Wei Wuxian said. Then his gaze became calculating. "I meant what I said, A - Cheng."

Before Jiang Cheng could whip him, Lan Zhan, courtesy name Lan Wangji swooped in and pulled his husband out of harm's way. Jiang Cheng just turned back to the dock, Wei Wuxian shouting a cheerful "see you later!" as the two love birds left.

The sky had almost completely faded to black by the time Lan Huan, courtesy name Lan Xichen, had arrived in Yunmeng with a few more disciples. He'd been deciphering Jin Guangyao's research and, unlike himself, had forgotten the time. The few disciples who'd waited for him - including young Lan Yuan, courtesy name Lan Sizhui - had missed a few hours of the festival, something Lan Xichen felt a little guilty for. But as soon as they arrived, he waved them away, watching with amusement as they took off in a very un - Lan like manner. Lan Xichen breathed in deeply, the spicy, warm smells of Yunmeng a startling contrast to the natural smells of Gusu, but Lan Xichen rather liked it anyway.

"Xichen ge!"

Lan Xichen smiled as Wei Wuxian came barrelling down the docks, Lan Wangji close behind as always. Lan Xichen often wondered how Wei Wuxian had so much energy: it seemed impossible to be so jumpy all the time.

"Xichen ge! I was looking for you," Wei Wuxian said. Lan Xichen looked at his brother, who only nodded. Lan Xichen raised an eyebrow, and Lan Wangji shook his head in response.

"Jiang Cheng looks lonely, I think you should cheer him up," Wei Wuxian continued, oblivious to the silent conversation between the two jades.

"Oh? Well we can't have that, can we?" Lan Xichen said. Wei Wuxian winked at him before grabbing Lan Wangji's hand.

"Come on Lan Zhan! Let's go get some pastries!"

And then they were gone, leaving Lan Xichen to go find Sect Leader Jiang.

"Oi, young mistress, why can't we get something to eat? It's a festival for god's sake," Lan Jingyi complained loudly.

"Shut up, idiot," Jin Ling said, annoyance sparking in his brown eyes. Lan Sizhui held back a sigh as the three made their way through the thick crowds, the happy chatter and laughter abounding. Lan Sizhui did not know where they were going, but he didn't mind. He would follow Jin Ling anywhere. Unfortunately, his childhood friend did not seem to agree.

"I'm hungry, young mistress, let's get something to eat!"

"Hmph. You're acting more like a young mistress than I am!"

"Stupid!"

"Dumbass!"

Lan Sizhui quickly got between the two before they could devolve into fisticuffs. A dark green and black uniform caught his eye, and with a sigh of relief, Lan Sizhui pulled the other two along after him.