𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 6

Dongseok paced around the room. He had been waiting for a word from the doctor for two hours now. He hid in his bedroom to avoid the chance of anyone seeing their magnificent, fearless head alpha in such a nervous state.

His head whipped to the side when he heard the knock. He rushed to the door and opened it.

“Alpha the-”

Hoseok breath hitched when two hands grabbed his shoulders. He almost stumbled over his feet as he was pulled into the room.

“Is my heir alright?”

Hoseok tried to remove Dongseok’s hands, but his grip only tightened.

“Answer me.”

“Y-yes the omega delivered a healthy baby boy.”

Dongseok let could a sigh of relief. He released Hoseok from his grip.

“Is it an alpha?”

A satisfied smirk appeared on his face when Hoseok nodded his head.

“Glad it went well, who knows what would have done to you if something happened to my heir,” said Dongseok with an ominous voice.

That cold, impassive face was enough to make Hoseok shiver in fear.

“Go get the child and bring him to the me. I will be in the hall.”

“Yes Alpha,” said Hoseok gave a quick bow before running out the room.

The omega’s breath hitched when there was a knock on the door. He gulped when the door opened.

“Oh, Hoseok it’s you.”

Jin pressed his palm to his heart as his friend approached the bed.

“Is he still sleeping?”

Jin nodded and signaled Hoseok to come closer.

Hoseok sat down on the bed. A smile appeared on his face seeing the newborn. He was wrapped in a white blanket, peacefully sleeping in his mother’s arms.

“Look at his cheeks,” said Jin and smiled.

Hoseok eyes light up seeing that smile. He has now known Jin for almost a year and for the first time he is convinced that Jin is genuinely happy.

There was a tranquil atmosphere in the room until reality hit Hoseok.

“Jin?”

Jin humped in response, still looking at his baby.

“I am so sorry, but he asked me to bring him his heir.”

The tears well up Jin’s eyes. He tightened his grip around his son.

“Jin, you knew this would happen.”

Hoseok tried taking the baby, but Jin pushed his hands away.

“I- I just want to hold him for one more minute.”

Hoseok understood and sat back down. Tears fell on Jin’s face while he caressed his son’s cheeks. He never wanted this child but now that he laid in his arms, Jin already loved him. He wished with all his heart that he could raise this boy and never leave his side.

Hoseok lowered his head and blinked the tears away. He felt like such an asshole for taking a child away from his mother. If he could put the two in his pocket and run away from this shithole; he would have done it in a heartbeat.

“I love you and I will never forget you,” whispered Jin to his baby and placed a kiss on his forehead.

Jin wiped his tears and handed the baby to Hoseok. After Hoseok left, silence filled the room. Jin wanted to cry but he was already numb. He wanted to scream but had no energy left. He just sat on the bed, motionless.

Hoseok head down the stairs and then walked down the hallway. The young beta who was guarding the door opened the door for Hoseok. His eyes landed on the baby boy before Hoseok entered the door. From the small glimpse, he thought that the baby looks just as innocent as his mother.

“And here he is!” said Dongseok making everyone look at the baby in Hoseok’s arms.

Hoseok walked up to him and handed over the boy. He was shocked seeing how gently the alpha took the baby in his arms like he was made of glass. So, he is capable of being gentle. Anything for his precious little heir.

After all the other Alpha’s congratulated him. Dongseok raised his beer.

“I would like to make a toast.”

The alphas stopped chatting and directed their attention to their head Alpha.

“A toast to the new Alpha of our pack. My son. Who will grow up to be the most powerful heir in history!”

They all raised their drinks as a toast to his son. The alpha who will lead their pack someday.