𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 15

It had been three weeks. The distance between them remained. Namjoon gave Jin some time to deal with his fear at his own pace. There have been many times when Namjoon wanted to approach Jin, but he figured it would be better if he waited for Jin to approach him.

Namjoon entered the library and walked up to the shelves. He traced his long fingers on the book until he found the one, he was searching for. He took the book and sat down at one of the tables.

He read for a while until a sweet scent districted him. He lifted his eyes and spotted the omega entering the library.

Jin walked up to the table. He hesitated for a second but then sat down next to Namjoon.

"Hi, I'm glad you came," said Namjoon and gave a smile.

Jin noticed the dimples on his cheeks. He then made eye contact with Namjoon, but only for a second before he looked away.

"Hm, what are you reading?" asked Jin while looking at the book in Namjoon's hand.

"Just an anthology of some poetry. Would you like me to read out loud?"

Jin nodded his head. He glanced down still refusing to make eye contact with Namjoon. But then when Namjoon directed his eyes on the page, Jin lifted his eyes and looked at him.

Namjoon started reading the poems. Soon Jin was intrigued but not by the poems. Namjoon's voice was captivating. He articulated each word with precision. He read with perfect intonation. It was hypnotizing.

After reading a few poems, Namjoon closed the book.

"I feared that you would never come to me. I thought you would forever be scared of me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel like that."

Namjoon looked at him and to his surprise, Jin didn't break eye contact. They stared into each other's eyes and felt their hearts beat faster in their chests.

"It's okay. I didn't expect you to jump into my arms, but all I ask is that you don't run. Don't run away from me like I'm a monster cause I'm not."

Namjoon extended his hand towards Jin. For a second there was hesitation once again but then Jin placed his hand on Namjoon's palm. Jin watched as Namjoon's fingers wrap around his hand. Namjoon then gently caressed the top of Jin's hand with his thumb.

"I want to get to know you. I would also like to know what happen to you, but you can tell me whenever you are ready. We can take things slow, there is no need to rush...Will you give me a chance?"

"Yes," said Jin and gave a little smile.

Jin has decided to not let his fears control him anymore. Namjoon has given him no reason to be afraid.

"We should go, it's lunchtime," said Namjoon.

As they stood up Namjoon let go of Jin's hand. But then as they were walking down the hallway Jin took hold of his hand again. Namjoon smiled and intertwined their fingers.

They entered the dining hall. Namjoon's parents saw their intertwined hands and smiled at each other. They all sat down at the table.

Hoseok and Yoongi soon entered the room. Hoseok sat down next to Jin. Jin looked at his friend with frowned brows. Hoseok didn't say a word but had a big smile like he was waiting for Jin to notice something. Jin stopped frowning when his eyes landed on it. The mark on Hoseok's neck. Jin looked at Yoongi and saw the mark in his neck.

"Oh my gosh! Hoseok, I'm so happy for you two!"

Jin brought Hoseok in for a hug. All the others congratulated the two on their mating. Yoongi and Hoseok couldn't contain their smiles.

After the meal, Hoseok and Jin headed to the library. Hoseok eyes widened seeing the big hall filled with shelves of books.

"Wow! You weren't lying, this is awesome. How have I not notice this huge library!"

"Maybe because you were too busy with a certain someone," said Jin and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Hey, don't tease me," said Hoseok as his cheeks turn red.

"But in all seriousness, I'm glad you met Yoongi. He is good to you. And these days you look happy."

"I am genuinely happy," said Hoseok and flashed his bright smile.

Oh, how Jin loved seeing that smile. Ever since Hoseok met his mate his real personality started blooming. A bright and positive character. Hoseok didn't have that hesitation anymore. He become fun, outgoing, and isn't afraid to be affectionate. He finally needn't fear those around him. Here in Anjeon pack he was taken care of and loved.