𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 27

The sun was captured by dark gloomy clouds. The trees lashed and crashed against each other like drumsticks in the hands of a giant. The decaying air and stifling atmosphere provided the perfect abode for those who worshipped the darkness rather than the light.

Little drops of water tickled Jimin's face. Wind gust through his hair making him shiver from cold. He tightened his grip around Jungkook. He could feel the movement of Jungkook's muscles underneath him.

Jungkook's eyes shone even brighter as he increased his speed. Even though their head start created a great distance between them, Jungkook could hear the guards' sharp breaths.

Jimin lifted his head a little. His eyes widened seeing the huge river approaching them. Jungkook wasn't slowing down. Jimin laid his head down again and closed his eyes. In that split second, he made a choice to trust Jungkook. With his life.

Jungkook sprinted towards the water without any hesitation. He knew what he was capable of. He trusted his physical power. On the bank of the river, he jumped. He lifted his front legs. His back legs thrusting off the ground.

They flew, gliding through the air. Merely seconds later they started losing their height descending downward. Jungkook's four paws landed on the ground, his body perfectly absorbing the shock. Jimin jolted, almost falling off, but then he tightened his grip.

Jungkook started running again. Jimin opened his eyes and glanced back. A few guards appeared from the shadows of the trees. They halted in front of the river, unable to cross.

Jimin directed Jungkook up the hill and then around the mountain. As Jungkook slowed down, his eyes stopped glowing. Jimin sat upright, looking at the falling water. He was so relieved to see the waterfall. Jungkook was shocked to see an entrance that was hidden behind the waterfall. The darkness of the cave seemed ominous to him, but Jimin seemed eager to go inside.

The guards lifted their spears when they spotted luminous red eyes in the darkness of the cave. They panicked when a huge black wolf stepped into the light. Then to their shock, they saw their missing heir sitting on the wolf's back.

The guards lowered their weapons. They stepped closer but back away when the wolf suddenly growled. Jungkook pushed Jimin behind him. His mouth opened revealing a great number of vicious, sharp teeth. Just when he was about to attack, a hand gently caressed his fur.

"Jungkook, they are not going to hurt me."

Jungkook stopped growling. He glared at each guard one more time before looking at Jimin. Only after Jungkook sat down next to Jimin, did one brave guard approach Jimin.

"Jimin, do you want us to call Alpha."

"Yes please," said Jimin and the guard nodded.

First, the guard howled and then followed by one of the other guards. Jungkook looked around, puzzled by why they were howling.

Jimin smiled, his eyes filled with tears when the black wolf came running down the hill. The wolf halted in front of Jimin and immediately started transforming into his human form.

Namjoon brought Jimin into a bone-crushing hug. A tear of relief fell from Jimin's right eye. Namjoon broke the hug and started checking for any visible injuries on his son.

"Where were you? Gosh- Jimin, are you hurt or-"

"I'm alright Dad," said Jimin and flashed a smile.

Jimin's smile dropped when his dad did not respond. Namjoon stared at the black wolf sitting at the entrance of the cave. Namjoon pushed Jimin behind him and approached the wolf.