𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 30

"Woah, what did the punching bag ever do to you?"

Taehyung gave a few more short punches. He then pulled his right arm back, his eyes shone red before he gave one powerful punch. The bag descended far even for the pole to tip over and drop to the ground.

Taehyung stared at the bag. His chest rose up and down. Sweat dripped down his face. He turned around and looked at Yoongi.

"Careful, you will hurt your hands if you go on like that."

Yoongi took hold of Taehyung's hand. He was about to take off the white glove, but Taehyung pulled his hand away.

"I'm fine!"

"Clearly you're not. Stop with the eyes."

Taehyung closed his eyes. He took a deep breath in and exhaled before opening his eyes again. The luminous red color had vanished from his eyes' iris.

"Are you sure you are ready to train again, kiddo? It's only been a few days since the-"

"I said I'm fine. And stop calling me 'kiddo'. I am not a kid!"

Taehyung picked up the pole and then started punching again.

"Besides there's no time to waste. I must train so I will become stronger."

The bag jolted backward at every punch Taehyung threw.

"I just need more power..."

"You really think it is all about the amount of power you put out?"

Taehyung stopped punching and looked at Yoongi.

"Of course, I'm just not powerful enough...not yet."

Yoongi raised his eyebrows. He then glanced over the field, searching for someone specific. His eyes stopped on the female sitting on the bench. She took a gulp from her water.

"Lisa!" yelled Yoongi, capturing the attention of the female alpha.

Yoongi signaled Lisa to come over. She quickly tied her hair back before jogging over to them.

"You know Lisa, right?" Taehyung nodded.

"Okay good."

Yoongi whispered something in Lisa's ear. She nodded and then stood in front of Taehyung.

"Alright, it's quite simple. Taehyung, punch her."

Taehyung looked at Yoongi with frowned brows.

"Stop worrying about Lisa. Imagine she is a threat. Show me what you're going to do if she attacks."

Taehyung nodded and then closed his eyes. When he opened them, they were glowing an intense red. He took a step back, his hands clenched into a fist. He inhaled and then stroked his strongest punch for Lisa's face.

Lisa quickly took a step to the side. She lifted her leg sweeping Taehyung's feet off the ground. Taehyung was unable to pull back after his powerful punch. Taehyung harshly plummeted onto the ground. The air knocked out his longs at the impact.

Taehyung laid on the ground while trying to catch his breath. He looked up at Yoongi when he kneeled in front of him.

"You are already strong enough. If you don't use your power wisely then it will become your greatest weakness."

Taehyung pushed himself off the ground. He glared at Yoongi before storming off. Yoongi shook his head and then turned to Lisa.

"Thank you, Lisa. You did great."

"You're welcome. Oh, and you can't blame Taehyung for wanting to be stronger...especially after what happened."

"Yeah, but I have never seen him leaking this much control," said Yoongi and glanced over at the punching bag.

"It's in his nature to be protective. Yesterday Rosé got a papercut and I had to fight to urge to set that fucking piece of paper on fire. Because like how dare it hurt my omega...So you can only imagine what it must have been like to be too weak to even stand up while your mate is missing and most likely in grave danger."

"But it was an unexpected attack from two rogues in broad daylight. It's a miracle he survived."

Lisa closed her eyes and shook her head.

"You have to try to think from an alpha's perspective. What really bothers him is not that he lost a fight. It's about another alpha saving his mate when he believes he should have."

Yoongi thought for a moment and then realized the wisdom in Lisa's words.

"Thanks for helping me understand. I should go talk to Taehyung."

Lisa waved Yoongi goodbye as he walked away. Yoongi searched everywhere for Taehyung till he realized he forgot about one place. He immediately made his way to the flower fields.

Yoongi was shocked to find Taehyung sitting on the hill by the flowers. This isn't really his comfort place. Yoongi then spotted Jimin walking between the flowers. Oh, there is Taehyung's comfort place.

A shadow fell on Taehyung. He glanced over his shoulder and then sighed seeing Yoongi.

"Are you here to test me again cause there is no need to. I get it, I was stupid."

"No, and yes you were stupid."

"Geez thanks."

Yoongi sat down next to Taehyung.

"But you are worried. I understand why you have this fear and doubt. But no one, not even Jimin, expects you to be so strong all the time except for you. You alphas keep forgetting that you won't always win a battle alone, we-"

"-we stand together as one. Protect the weaker. Look out for one another and fight till our last breath. That's what forms a powerful pack."

"Holy shit, you actually listen to the things I say."

A faint smile painted itself on Taehyung's lips. Yoongi placed his hand on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you like it or not you are still young. In a few years, you will be ready to step forward as head alpha. You will be a great head alpha and Jimin will be right by your side as your luna."

"You truly believe we will be able to look after our pack and be wise leaders like Jimin's parents."

"Yes, I do."