best friends are over rated

Ever had your best friend from child hood tell you they have a huge crush on you? Well I have, and trust me it's not that fun.

Couple weeks ago, I was talking to one of my best friends, Alex. He was asking me questions like "Do you have a boyfriend?" and "Have you ever had a boyfriend?". As always, I answer honestly.

He then decides to tell me that he likes this girl that I know. I was like, "Who? Who? Who?" and he the told me, "Well I kinda like you."

I tell him the truth and say that i kinda like this kid from my school. He got all upset and I thought he was going to brake out in tears.

Last week, I was talking to one of my friends who at one point liked me. All of a sudden, Alex turns into this hormonal teenage dude and flips out on me. I cuss him out and say, "Why do u care? It's not like I'm your girlfriend or anything!" Ten minutes later, he realizes he's retarded and apoligizes. I'm like, "Whatever."

Sometimes, I wish that guys didn't exist. They make every aspect of life difficult. They can even turn a nice peaceful church into a battleground!

Other times they can be just comfort you need when you get into a fight with your best friend or you're having guy problems. They're good with that too.

But in the end, guys are just a bomb waiting to explode on you. Whether or not you "die" depends on your reaction.

-Lizzie

p.s. The inspiration to put this to pen and paper came from the story

"Everything that goes up must come down" by gwen