Part 8 (2)

The next morning, Sky walked down the corridor to the meeting room. He knocked on the door and walked in. "Good morning," he said, but there was no one in the room. He turned around his own axis, but still saw no one. "Good morning to myself then..." He walked around the room and noticed that the room had changed. The previous evening, it had been a meeting room with a round table. Now the room had become a kitchen. In the middle of the room, the round table still stood, but on the sides of the room were cabinets and a cooker had been made on the wall between two kitchen cabinets. Sky walked to one of the kitchen cabinets and opened a door. In the cupboard were plates and glasses. He took six plates and glasses from the cabinet and put them on the round table. He walked over to the cooker and looked around. He walked to one of the cupboards and opened the door. The cupboard turned out to be no ordinary cupboard, but a fridge full of delicious food. Since Sky makes his own food, he knew a thing or two about cooking. He took a box of eggs, bacon, butter, milk and looked for bread. In another cupboard, he found a large pan in which to fry the eggs and began to eat. He first fried the eggs with bacon and then put another pan on the fire to make lost bread. He took out his mobile phone and put on a music track. While he put butter in the pan and dipped the bread in the milk, he hummed along to the songs that were being played. He continued setting the table with cutlery and napkins, which he lifted up nicely into butterflies and placed in the glasses. When he had finished with the lost bread, he put it on the table together with the eggs. He turned off the music and looked at the table from a distance. "And now wait for everyone to get up..." he said with a smile. He didn't stay long in the room because he wanted to go outside. So he walked through the corridor to the back door -or so he thought- and walked outside. He came out into a huge garden. In front of him was a forest. In the garden in front of the forest were two large fountains in the shape of Greek statues. Around the fountains stood benches. Sky walked on to the fountains and saw that the statues were not ordinary Greek statues, but statues of Elves. He looked around him and decided to go for a little walk in the forest. He walked to the forest and followed the forest path. After walking around for about ten minutes, he sat down against a tree. Before he went outside, he had quickly walked around his sketchbook that was lying in his room and took it out of his jacket pocket. His father had given him the sketchbook for his tenth birthday. His father had told him it would come in handy. Sky had never been a great artist and had never wanted to draw. But when he turned fourteen and lost both his parents, he had started drawing. It was no big deal, he had always told his friends, but deep down he found peace when drawing and sketching all kinds of things. The night before, unable to fall asleep, he had started a drawing of a girl in a ballet uniform on the big stage of the Garnier. He opened his notebook and began to work on the sketch. It was quiet in the forest while he quietly drew. He preferred to draw the hair and face of a person. "People are easy to recognise by their facial expressions", his mother had always told him. He started working on the girl's face. In his bag, which he had quickly prepared, he had quickly put a box of crayons, paints and other writing implements. He thought of if he had any time left after breakfast, he would colour the girl's eyes blue. "Breakfast," he suddenly remembered. He quickly put his notebook away and got up. Or at least he tried to: something was holding him to the ground so that he could not stand up. Suddenly he felt a soft tapping on his temples. He turned his head towards the ticking and saw nothing. He tried to turn around and looked around him. Still he saw nothing. Again he was tapped on his temples. He turned his head to the side and now saw something. There was a small creature sitting on his shoulder. The little elf looked at him with big eyes. Sky looked back with eyes as big as the little creature's. He could now move and stood up. He could move now and stood up quickly. The little Elf remained sitting on his shoulder. No matter how hard Sky shook it, the little thing did not fall off his shoulder. Sky looked at the little creature again. It had blue skin, blond hair and two silver eyes. The creature looked just like Sky, except for the blue skin and grey eyes. Sky started to scream. The creature gave a short shriek, but immediately began to laugh. "What's so funny now!" asked Sky in surprise. The creature stopped laughing, but continued to look at him with a grin. After a short silence, the creature said in a boyish voice that surprised Sky, "How in the name of the Elves can you start screaming so high?" "Does it matter?" asked Sky quickly. He had expected the little Elf to have a high-pitched voice and was startled to hear that the Elf had an ordinary boy's voice. "No, but you do look like a girl!" said the Little Elf and began to laugh back. "Okay then, I should get going. Until next time then, I guess?" said Sky to the Elf. "Oh, don't worry. I'll go with you, though..." the Elf said to him. Sky turned his eyes and walked quickly back to the house. He had moved his body as much as possible while walking to make sure the elf would fall off his shoulder, but nothing had helped. Instead, the Elf had started tapping his head again. Sky had wondered a few times if he should tell the Elf to stop, but came to the conclusion that it wouldn't help. He walked in the back door and went straight to the kitchen. He heard voices coming from the room. He opened the kitchen door, but suddenly stopped. "Sám!" he shouted and tried to knock the Elf off his shoulder. The Elf dodged all the blows and stayed on his shoulder with a grin, which made Sky wish he hadn't gone outside.